Warranty Direct Secure Care E270 CDI W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maestegman

Car
2003 E270 CDI Elegance
Just sorted out a 12 month Warranty Direct Secure Care warranty for £48 per month on my E270 CDI Elegance with 79k.

Thoughts?

They quoted me £500 a year for my R32 the minute I said I wasn't interested they dropped it to £398 which is very good as it was the full cover inc 4WD etc, I still said I was not interested and then they gave me the full on sales pitch in the end I got fed up and put the phone down on them....

They seemed very desperate for business to me or at least the sales person on the phone was but I know they are very good when it comes to paying out on warranty claims.

Thanks Vealige.

I played the waiting game and haggled the price down by £80. I'm quite happy with the quote although I've had mixed experiences with used car warranties in the past . . .

A210 AMG - not sure what you mean here sorry.

Seems OK - it's about what I paid on my car.

I got 13 months for the price of 12 & after a long haggle where I let them chase me for the business, eventually paid £240 for the year. That had come down from nearly £500 at the start.

Russ

Thanks both.

In a bit of a dilemma at the moment actually as I've paid a £500 deposit on the said soon-to-be-collected E270 and I've seen a very tasty E320 for the same cash. Seriously considering this (even if I lose the deposit).

Thoughts?

Sorry using my iPhone to type......

Do they have a limit on millage of car?

Yes - up to 100k I believe although the guy on the phone earlier said I could extend beyond this.

What do you think of the E320 CDI? I hate throwing away £500 but the fact that the E270 I put a deposit on only has a cassette player is starting to bother me.

I may be wrong but I thought the cassette models can be changed easier to audio 50 or full command off eBay? I have the audio 2o and seems no 'cheap' way.... So check this option out.

As for the 320 well I'm biased as if you go for the 270 you may always wish you had hung on for a 320?

Would think at this point servicing mpg etc pretty much the same?

Also is the £500 completely un refundable? Have you seen the e270? Or is it a holding deposit? Signed anything? Paid on card?

So, is the 320 THAT much better than a 270?

It's a holding deposit paid on credit card.

I've not seen the E270. I've not signed anything.

I think as with everything try to buy the highest spec model you can afford at the time as if you don't you may regret it, think that makes sense lol

Thanks both. Your comments are very much appreciated.

I'm still unsure whether the 320 is any better than the 270 though.

At a push, I don't mind taking the hit on the £500 if I'm getting a better car.

What's the spec / millage of both cars and which do you like best?

If you prefer the higher spec (if it is) of the E270 over the E320 then that may appeal to you?

The E270 is I think a 5 cylinder the E320 a inline 6 cylinder, drive both see what you think?

As for better car, hard for me to say. Engine wise I would suggest the e320 is the better engine. However I would rather have a E270 with good spec in avant guard spec than a E320 in classic spec.

If your unsure don't rush has the garage said deposit in refundable? Maybe a garage owner on here could advise if this is binding?

Thanks A210AMG.

They're both Elegance models although the E320 looks to have a better spec. Similar mileage (270/79k and 320/81k - both verifiable). Both FSH (mixed MB and indie) and sold with full MOT.

E320 has the CD multichanger, although, to be perfectly honest, I don't really tend to use CDs or cassettes as I prefer an AUX socket to provide iPod connectivity. The CD facility is clearly useful however and I suspect that it will help resale values.

I'll probably need to ring both garages later and chat.

On the E320, the asking price of £7k looks fairly reasonable to me. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom