Warranty Direct versus Warranty Wise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Just about to get my S211 covered on a warranty (3 year factory warranty just expired).

I've nailed it down to either warrantywise.co.uk or warrantydirect.co.uk

Prices very similar (£600 ish) and the spec of the warranty appears close, although with Warranty Direct you use one of their nominated garages and they pay them, and Warranty Wise just send you a cheque, so you go where you want (although you have to select the hourly rate before you order).

Does anyone have an opinion on which is best? So far, my car has been 100%, but who knows how long this will last!....

I would go for warrantywise without hesitation as they cover wear/tear from day one. WD will cover it after 90 days.
Warrantywise will alos cover high miles and give ALL COMPONENT COVER whereas WD only list ones they cover for low grade policies and ones they don't cover for high spec policies.

I have bought a 12 mth cover for 400 quid. It covers 100/hr parts labour/ 150 excess and will cover all wear/tear. It covers to 5500 claim limit per claim.

Adam

What hourly rate did you quote? I noticed this influences the quote quite a bit!

Initially i did 50/hr and took out the warranty. Anyway i think that i may get issues with the car at 80k miles so i decided to up it to £100/hr as only main dealers have an idea of the complex electronics. So after 2 weeks i have raised LB rate to 100/hr. It cost me an extra 45 quid/yr. So they put in on the 2 instalmenst left. I would strongly advise you to take the best cover, as now i must wait 30 days/1000 miles to use 100/hr rate otherwise its 50/hr if i breakdown tomorrow.
Go for best u can afford..get cat/wear tear/100/hr/air con....avoid tyres/alloys etc.
600 quid is not bad for E Class. I would def input excess as this will reduce ur premium...and keep claim limit to around 5-6K per claim.. I would always use merc garage for repairs at 100/hr.
Go to carcheck.com and gte voucher for 20 quid off.

Last edited:
If you have comand its not covered unless you specifically ask for comand cover - so i believe.

Im 90% going with warranty direct but am still undecided

I went with Warranty Direct & they are recommended on the Honest John site too. I got 13 months cover for £260, the first quote they gave me was £440, so get haggling before you sign.

Russ

Dont understand ? If you service your car at MB,your car is covered for just about everthing as a good will gesture.
I drive a 320 cdi,as does my friend.His gearbox was starting to be a bit cluncky and mentioned his concern during a one spanner service.MB had a look,and the gear oil was burnt.They replaced the gearbox £3700 (free of charge)
Sounds like a warranty to me.

Don't MB have a Tier system warranty?

I wouldn't wipe my **** with a Warranty Wise policy...

Unless you have the prestige cover/luxury cover which only applies for cars under 60k miles i think the warrantywise cover beats hands down.

The top cover is same as Wwise.
honest john/whatcar do recommend WD but i have heard of many probs with the cover they provide. Plus the guys who ring u up after a quote say one thing and when u ring back someone says they don't know what they're on about. I nearly took out a warranty with many exclusions, thank God i double checked.

The warrantywise cover is endorsed by some top gear guy and lloyds of London, so that a bit reassuring. I spoke to CS and as long as they car is serviced regularly on time any claim will not be denied and wear/tear is included.

Elec/Sat nav/command can be also included in price.

Not made claim yet so can't speak from experience...but gut instinct says wwise are more likely to cough up than WD.
And i think mobilo is about 1k plus for 12mths from a quote a got last time.

Adam

Last edited:
I would go for warrantywise without hesitation as they cover wear/tear from day one. WD will cover it after 90 days.
Warrantywise will alos cover high miles and give ALL COMPONENT COVER whereas WD only list ones they cover for low grade policies and ones they don't cover for high spec policies.

I have bought a 12 mth cover for 400 quid. It covers 100/hr parts labour/ 150 excess and will cover all wear/tear. It covers to 5500 claim limit per claim.

Adam

Warranty Direct covered wear and tear from day 1 as I had just come out of the manufacturers warranty - ask them for it

If you have comand its not covered unless you specifically ask for comand cover - so i believe.

Im 90% going with warranty direct but am still undecided

Correct - they did for me when I asked for it..no extra charge.

I went with Warranty Direct & they are recommended on the Honest John site too. I got 13 months cover for £260, the first quote they gave me was £440, so get haggling before you sign.

Russ

Yes they did that for me too -- and I pay it over 10 monthly payments interest free.

Why not stay with mobilo ?

Mobilio is breakdown cover like AA or RAC not a warranty

Dont understand ? If you service your car at MB,your car is covered for just about everthing as a good will gesture.
I drive a 320 cdi,as does my friend.His gearbox was starting to be a bit cluncky and mentioned his concern during a one spanner service.MB had a look,and the gear oil was burnt.They replaced the gearbox £3700 (free of charge)

I would hope so too - but if they don't you are stuffed - so for a few hundred pounds = peace of mind - ish

I can also use MB garages.

Just hope now I don't have to test whether they pay up...:eek:

On their website TC they state they cover wear and tear after 90 days. So if u buy a policy don't expect cover from day one. Whether they allow manufacturer warranty to allow the exception I'm not sure.

I also don't like their contribution on parts/labour depending on ur age of car/miles. I would say if u have a newer car with less than 60K miles and a better quote WD may be a better option. However if ur car is older with more miles and you are likely to exceed the 60k mark soon then WWise will still provide cover until 130K miles, but WD provides the basic cover not worth having after 60K miles.

WD has many exclusions on their policies and the ALL COMPONENT cover with WWise is near to a new car warranty u can get.

I would rather have MB look at my car than get WD network guys to mess about with it. You pay the xtra labour charge if u want to go to Mbz. You may as well have it in your quote.

On their website TC they state they cover wear and tear after 90 days. So if u buy a policy don't expect cover from day one. Whether they allow manufacturer warranty to allow the exception I'm not sure.

I also don't like their contribution on parts/labour depending on ur age of car/miles. I would say if u have a newer car with less than 60K miles and a better quote WD may be a better option. However if ur car is older with more miles and you are likely to exceed the 60k mark soon then WWise will still provide cover until 130K miles, but WD provides the basic cover not worth having after 60K miles.

WD has many exclusions on their policies and the ALL COMPONENT cover with WWise is near to a new car warranty u can get.

I would rather have MB look at my car than get WD network guys to mess about with it. You pay the xtra labour charge if u want to go to Mbz. You may as well have it in your quote.

I have it agreed in writing -
1. I can use MB garages not their approved ones and they will pay MB rates
2. wear and tear from day 1
3. comand cover.
4 all labour costs -100% of parts upto 60k miles 90% of parts if mileage is over 60k 80% if over 70k etc...
5. But as i said I haven't had to claim so can't comment if I have wasted my money. I hope I have and that I never have to claim..:D

Thanks guys! Seems like you pay your money and take your choice!!

All I'm after really is the peace of mind a decent warranty will give me. As I said before, the car so far has been 100% and has full MB dealer service etc, but you just never know do you!! If I'm lucky it'll be £600 wasted, but if I'm unlucky, I hope I make the right choice and get fully covered for whatever weird and wonderful things my E Class might throw at me! ;)

I'm erring towards Warranty Wise at the moment... (I do miss that solid gold MB 3 year warranty though!)

I go along with Darko as well.....warranty extended each time you utilise MB Dealership for servicing....

I go along with Darko as well.....warranty extended each time you utilise MB Dealership for servicing....

Servicing gets you Mobilo. That gets you recovery plus corrosion warranty.

Anything else is goodwill. If Mobilo was a warranty then why do MB offer separate warranties?

LOL! Great, eh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom