Warranty due to expire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy W

Car
ML 270 cdi
My Merceds signature warranty expires 03 July ( had the car for 1 year and still loving it) and I have just received a letter from the RAC offering me mechanical breakdown cover for an annual fee of £469.

Is it worth having do you think as the car has only done 43,000 miles but if the MAS packs up........ I think that I have answered my own question.

Incidentally the AA offer the same thing with a max one claim to the value of £5,000 + VAT for the sum of £269, including MOT guarantee, sounds pretty good to me.

Has any one not taken out the insurance and then had an expensive repair and wish that they had taken it out.

Thats interesting,

My signature warranty expired in April and I never received any renewal letter or anything. As yet, I havent done anything about renewing the warranty and I am in two minds about doing so.

Personally I dont like capped max claim value policies, because IMO the expensive claims eg engine failure are the ones you really want to be covered for. When mine goes in for service in a few weeks, I'll enquire about MB extended warranties (they have changed from the signature RAC warranty).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom