Warranty issue (Not MB)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Some of you may know I bought a AUC Range Rover last year. there was a host of faults present but I liked the car and persevered until the dealer had got them all fixed.

It has recently (2 weeks) started not opening the OSF doors. Not even from inside.

It was recovered to a LR main dealer on Monday.

No worries though, I have a two year LR warranty.

Just had call from LR main dealer.

Seems the loom is corroded and the damage is caused by water ingress into the door (I think) which is magically not covered by LR AUC warranty.

Far from happy.

How can water get in to cause so much damage. It's a world class off-roader so I'd expect it would keep the rain out!

Currently talking to dealer and warranty company. Yes, it's not actually Land Rover, I discover it's a third party outfit. No-one mentioned that at the time of purchase.

Any thoughts at all anyone?

My tactic is to keep escalating until I get a fair response, some will say go straight to the CEO but I usually find that following the process works better.

Ideally you want to be talking to the person who's job is to keep the issue from the CEO.

Pretty normal that wiring isn't covered - think MB extended warranty is the same.

When you say it's not a LandRover warranty, is it in their name but underwritten by someone else, like MB and BMW is Mondial?

No worries though, I have a two year LR warranty.

Stick to that line. Who LR farm their warranty business out to is their problem, you purchased from LR not from some third party. In normal course of main dealer supplied warranties you current problem would be covered.

Would not current consumer legislation preclude the retailer from avoiding liability notwithstanding the terms of any applicable warranty? Or have the applicable time limits been exceeded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom