Warranty Renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VikJ

Car
2014 W246 B180CDi AMG Line Premium
My car is 3 years old in April and obviously comes to the end of its manufacturers warranty.

Yesterday, off I went to the Dealer and asked about renewal. They quoted me £495 for another year which has the same cover as I currently have.

However, in addition, I have to pay for 2 hours labour for an inspection of the car before they will extend it?

I was wondering if anyone else has had to do this aswell or do I have to pay £150 +VAT in addition to the £495 for the priviledge of carefree motoring?!!

Originally posted by VikJ
They quoted me £495 for another year which has the same cover as I currently have.

You think something worth £495 will break every year? How many miles has your car done? Don't forget that a lot of things aren't covered by the warranty. Personally I'd not bother.

I agree it is a lot of money M8. Only justified if you are expecting trouble?

Why did they want to check it first, Haven't thay been servicing it?????

Not expecting anything to go wrong. Would like to be covered in case anything does. Although you may have a point as I'm not expecting to keep the car longer than 12-18 months as I'll be hoping to upgrade to a W203.

That particular dealer is not familiar with the car. The last owner bought it and serviced it at Gerard Mann in Birmingham. The dealer I went to is Lindmere in Peterborough.

I renewed my policy with a company called WH (warranty Holdings). The premium is £219.00 for cover including air conditioning as an added extra. Most things are covered. I have already claimed for a heater motor which was done at the stealership at a cost of £356.18. Although I had to pay the stealer at first, I received a cheque from WH within 6 days :))
Their number is 0800-454187. I have the WHG5 cover.
Hope this may be of help. This is for a 1996 C180.
Graeme.

Originally posted by GRAV888
I renewed my policy with a company called WH (warranty Holdings). The premium is £219.00 for cover including air conditioning as an added extra. Most things are covered. I have already claimed for a heater motor which was done at the stealership at a cost of £356.18. Although I had to pay the stealer at first, I received a cheque from WH within 6 days :))
Their number is 0800-454187. I have the WHG5 cover.
Hope this may be of help. This is for a 1996 C180.
Graeme.

Thanks Graeme. I might give them a call next week.

I have a warranty with the AA, it cost £300 or £400, but they didn't need any inspections.

I got my car back today after Having the climate control unit and a seat motor replaced.

I am glad i have a warranty since the bill was £895.

Like the WH warranty i had to pay the dealer and then i get the money back less a £25 excess. The work has been pre-authorised so i dont think i'll have any problems getting my money back.

Have you tried shopping around dealers. There's a lot of profit to be made on Breakdown insurance so you might well find a dealer prepared to forget about the inspection as long as you have FMBSH.

That was my next move. The car was purchased and has a FSH with Gerard Mann in Birmingham. I might give them a call and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom