Warranty renewal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
I will soon be given the opportunity to renew my warranty.

I've always been a staunch self-warrant advocate but given the right price, I am considering and I've never been in this boat with MB before.

What puts me off is having to use MB for servicing.

I've read people who have contacted by phone to negotiate which I would do to see what the cheapest price I can get is.

So what MB Tier 1 renewal prices have you received, on which car and have you gone ahead with it or not?

TIA

I have been reliably informed there are no negotiations with the fixed price offered by MB.
For my 2012 E class cab. 350 cdi (40,100 miles) it was £650 for full top Tier 1 with no excess.
Expensive, but I personally like piece of mind when running such a relative complex car, although like all other warranties, not 100% of everything is covered.

I have been reliably informed there are no negotiations with the fixed price offered by MB.
For my 2012 E class cab. 350 cdi (40,100 miles) it was £650 for full top Tier 1 with no excess.
Expensive, but I personally like piece of mind when running such a relative complex car, although like all other warranties, not 100% of everything is covered.

Bargain, I am sure I read it would have been over £2k for my CLS63!!

£1050.56 on my 2012 E500 Cab. No excess.

I took the service plan at £35p/m coz I knew the first service due under my ownership was a biggie and it made the service plan deal a no-brainer.

I bought the car in a private sale in April, at a reasonable discount to what it would have cost at main dealer so I figured I'd take the warranty for the first year - especially as the engine is quite a beast of turbos and cylinders.

I'll take a view at the end of the first year.

Oh yeah .. if you let the MB warranty lapse you can renew later as long as you have dealer service history, but there is a one month period from ordering to the warranty actually starting.

My Cl600 bi turbo was £1000PA...I renewed it for three years on the trot. Superb service and no fuss on the repairs.
My 2011..61 E350 CDI sport was £600 with circa 40K miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom