Warranty Service Intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roy Newling

Car
A140 LWB
Last December I bought a new A140 LWB Classic Auto, and I do about 3000 miles per year.My question is, whilst the car is under warranty, do I have it serviced every 12 months, or wait until Assyst calls up a service ?

Roy Newling

Hi Roy,

Personally I would wait until the ASSYST calls out for a service. I think engine wear is more a function of mileage covered as opposed to period of time elapsed.

If your dealer is anything like mine, they will send you a letter after approx 12 months saying "Dear sir, our records show your car is due for a service and we would be happy... yadda, yadda, etc."

S.

Hmmm there are some items that need changing at time intervals as well as mileage. I think engine oil needs changing at least once a year. All this info will be in your handbook so best look up the schedule and see what it says.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that ASSYST took into account how often the car is used. Hence high milers will get a mileage countdown to their next service whereas in the case of low milers, ASSYST will actually flag up that a service is due in so many number of days.

As Sp!ke says though... "All this info will be in your handbook so best look up the schedule and see what it says."

S.

I believe the ASSYST will call when the service is due. This is either a function of mileage and driving habits or in the case of low mileage drivers, time.

I thought the maximum interval was 24 months.

i have the same prob with my CLK-March `02 and only 6200M,now that the wife has given up work and no longer commutes 10,000M (service due) will come up when the car is well over 2 years old.Im expecting ASSYST to call for a service at 2 years old before it reaches 10K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom