Warrranty extension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigSilverEstate

Car
2011 E350cdi Sport Estate, and the wife's car: 2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi
It seems to have come round very quickly but the warranty on my car will expire at the beginning of next month. I've been contacted about extending the warranty, and my initial feeling is that I would rather take the risk and cost if something goes wrong.

My question to the floor is whether not having a continuous MB warranty has a significant impact on residual values and whether it may be worth extending the warranty to avoid a problem on resale which I anticipate will be in 2015. Thanks all,

Peter

What's the mileage on your car and how many miles pa do you do?

Mileage is 22k and I do maybe 6-7k a year. Haven't had a quote yet but will call today and see what they are offering.

I wouldn't do it.

At that age/mileage I'd set aside a monthly amount in a "just in case" fund, in all likelihood, spending it on something else in 2015.

The quote I have been given is £639 for the year. Still inclined to pass though it is less than I was expecting

On a car with 22k miles and expecting to sell it at ~30K miles is hardly used. I'd probably give the warranty a miss. The E-212 seems to be a reliable machine (even on a forum there are very few complaints) and I'd probably do as Developer215 suggested and pocket the money as rainy day fund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom