Was Birds Eye Maple an option for the C204?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venomous

Car
C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus Coupe
Looking to replace the interior trim panels on my 2012 C204 Coupe.

The current set weren't looked after by the original owner, so I want to swap them out.

So I'm hoping that a Birds Eye Maple (as I did for my old W203 Saloon) is available, or something of that ilk.

Would really appreciate help with part numbers.

Many Thanks

Brian

As far as I can see from my old brochures, the options on the 204, depending on trim level were, High gloss black (H80), Eucalyptus wood (734), Black Ash Wood (736)and Dark Burr Walnut. This latter was standard with the Lux Pack and was fairly light in colour with a matt finish, if I remember correctly. The numbers in brackets are the option nos.

As far as part nos. are concerned, I would have thought you would need one for each item of trim you were planning to change.

Sorry can't really help more than that!

Ernie

I'd already started looking down that as my backup route, and it opens up a host of possibilities.

There are several nice dark grey wood colours that would sit quite well with what I had in mind.

Started a dialogue with Perfect Coating down at Newbury, which provides an ideal opportunity to see my old friend and fellow MBUK'er Doodle.

Just a thought, if you were to remove any trim I would run a line of tape across everything when in situ to provide a datum line so everything lines up.

Also consider a Vinyl wrap, very convincing and available in loads of different woodgrains.

With no experience whatsoever, I manged to wood-wrap all the nasty-looking brushed aluminium trims of my ML. It has lifted the interior out on the "60's Moonbase-look" and and into the kind of interior you would expect for the price of the car...

Not seen any high-gloss, though I'd imagine they must be available because a very convincing polished chrome effect is....

The cost will be significantly less than the dip method, and can be done at home..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom