Was toying with the idea...... Mmmmmm??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That is cheap....

(I just remembered I have not quoted you on the gearbox ATF change yet. Sorry)

Early model, so old style colour scheme, grille, lights etc and lacking quite a few of the later safety and comfort features. No ASR. :crazy:

SE, so SWB, LWB would be better. :D

High mileage, so must check the timing chain and tensioner's condition. :eek:

9 previous owners...

climate control (may need re gas - not tested since summer)

:rolleyes: Who wants to bet that the aircon is buggered?

Also has one of the rear windows not working. Might be a trivial problem, but could require more than a few pennies to fix.

May be worth a punt, but be aware it's likely had a ...errrr ...shunt. Sorry.

NSF wing isn't well matched to the NS door for colour, and the passenger side dashboard panel looks like it's ill-fitting (airbag replacement?).

But for a bag and a half, what a car!!??

NSF wing isn't well matched to the NS door for colour

I noticed that too, but wondered if it was a lighting issue? At that age and mileage, a shunt would be quite likely though...

But for a bag and a half, what a car!!??

They are great cars. However, if there are a few outstanding "issues" with it, then you'll quickly be spending several times the purchase price on it... :crazy:

Yeah, I think I'm going to give it a miss......

Thanks to all.

Olly, would be great if you could just do the Engine & Auto Fluid change sometime next week. The Auto Fluid is looking decidedly aged......

Thanks again.

To be honest Nick that's my feeling, but I'm just worried it'll be a money-pit, (which happened when I bought my 560sel) of which I have little..... And the Jeep is just looking Sooooooooooo good, sorry.

Nobody lives in that part of the world , do they?

But thanks for the comment Nick.... Cheers. (Now you got me thinking again - thanks, thanks a lot)! lol.

To be honest Nick that's my feeling, but I'm just worried it'll be a money-pit, (which happened when I bought my 560sel) of which I have little..... And the Jeep is just looking Sooooooooooo good, sorry.

Nobody lives in that part of the world , do they?

But thanks for the comment Nick.... Cheers. (Now you got me thinking again - thanks, thanks a lot)! lol.

Points in its favour:

It's not rusty.

They're built like tanks.

Silver/Black still looks good.

They cost a fortune new.

They are fairly bullet proof, and used spares for them are cheap now.

It's straight.

It's cheap.

Sure it's had paint and a few owners, but they all have.

If you win the auction, go to collect and it's a turd you can walk away.

They are fairly bullet proof, and used spares for them are cheap now.
[...]
It's cheap.

There is no such thing as a cheap W140 or W220 s-class IMHO. The W126 was in many respect still a fairly straightforward and simple design. In contrast, the W140 is very complicated indeed.

The W140 is a very complex car. It's already drive-by-wire and full of electronics. If the 9 (!) previous owners haven't kept it in prime condition at quite some expense, it could easily start to cost lots of money very quickly.

I'm not trying to put him off, but sometimes it's better to say the things people don't want to hear. :crazy:

I kept my W140 in excellent condition and it certainly cost me a lot more money than the 1K over 18 months that the seller claims to have spent...

It went for £890.00 Quite a bargain I reckon....... I didn't bid in the end.

If that aircon was really buggered, that by itself could cost more than the purchase price depending on what was wrong with it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom