Was worth the wait...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

estate-agent

Car
W203 270 CDI Wagon - previously CLK 320 CDI Sport
After biding my time I finally found a late 2009 CLK 320 CDI Sport. Always been my favourite shape four seat Merc that I could actually afford to buy outright (I don't do credit).

It appears to be a rare find in steel grey and every conceivable option apart from the Harmon Kardon Subwoofer. Even has the heated & cool ventilated seats. I loved my old 270 CDI but this has been well worth the wait. Livermead small.jpg

Nice, great colour.

Thanks guys & girls. :)

Very good looking car is that. The colour suits it nicely.

Enjoy!

Honestly, the C Class coupe (both of them) haven't captured the beautiful lines and shapes of this car. The C63 looks deformed and ugly infront of a CLK55 or CLK63 from this model. That V6 diesel is a stout powertrain for daily duties too. Nice!

Lovely looking car and beautiful colour, congratulations :)

Very very nice. What's your views on the 320cdi?
I have never owned a diesel but the 320cdi seems to be popular as I'm searching for one at the moment,

Hi Jimbo,

I had a 270 CDI prior to the 3 litre and I have to say the 3 litre is obviously quicker and it is certainly more refined when driving at any engine speed. But the 270 was so much quieter at idle weirdly enough. Car's very refines with windows up and it toodles along at 80 MPH at just under 2000 rpm!

The engine is a good'n but don't expect amazing mpg when doing town driving, I get about 24~28 MPG and 45MPG on long motorway trips. I love the car itself, got lucky with the colour and spec I think, it has so many options fitted, hot and cold multi function seats, active bi-xenon headlights, Harman Kardon upgrade, 345mm front stoppers etc,etc.

But of course it is still a diesel and the power although good enough to see of mid market hot hatches it needs a remap to make it any sort of contender to a modern petrol sporty cars. De-cat and remap will be my only upgrades.

Hi Jimbo,

I had a 270 CDI prior to the 3 litre and I have to say the 3 litre is obviously quicker and it is certainly more refined when driving at any engine speed. But the 270 was so much quieter at idle weirdly enough. Car's very refines with windows up and it toodles along at 80 MPH at just under 2000 rpm!

The engine is a good'n but don't expect amazing mpg when doing town driving, I get about 24~28 MPG and 45MPG on long motorway trips. I love the car itself, got lucky with the colour and spec I think, it has so many options fitted, hot and cold multi function seats, active bi-xenon headlights, Harman Kardon upgrade, 345mm front stoppers etc,etc.

But of course it is still a diesel and the power although good enough to see of mid market hot hatches it needs a remap to make it any sort of contender to a modern petrol sporty cars. De-cat and remap will be my only upgrades.

thanks for taking the time to reply, just what I was looking for, honest day to day information.

for the last ten years I have owned fairly nippy cars that are 200bhp+

my ideal car would be the clk350 sport but I think a mapped clk320 cdi would also be an option.

I have never owned a diesel car so I am a little hesitant as I wouldn't know where to start if I was to have issues.

james

Looks very nice, congrats on the purchase, will be following for further updates on the upgrades :D

thanks for taking the time to reply, just what I was looking for, honest day to day information.

for the last ten years I have owned fairly nippy cars that are 200bhp+

my ideal car would be the clk350 sport but I think a mapped clk320 cdi would also be an option.

I have never owned a diesel car so I am a little hesitant as I wouldn't know where to start if I was to have issues.

james

Clk 320 petrol :D

Jimbo, If you can find a low(ish) mileage CLK with good history I reckon you should be pretty much problem free. My old 270 CDI was problem free up until about 130k and then I had a few niggles like worn/squeaky bushes, a perished fuel hose and the dreaded swirl flap motor failure. Luckily I trained many years ago as a motor mechanic and still dabble a bit now so costs are very low for me, just the cost of parts.

My current CLK is on 72k and it is completely faultless at the moment (touches wood).

Nice car, but why bother worrying about keeping up with some tosser in an ST or GTI? Just enjoy the waft and the comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom