Wash and brush up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt32AMG

Car
June 2002 SLK32///AMG. OCT 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Convertible.
I washed waxed and polished my 32 this last weekend, between it throwing it down with Hail, Sleet, and yet more Rain. The local forecast had indicated I had a four hour weather window, (Wow break out the brass bands). So, duly excited, I took advantage of the opportunity, and broke out the buckets, sponges, leathers and polish.

You know, waiting for a nice day where I wasn't working, just seems like an impossible ask these days! I swear its rained every day since last October!

Attachments

• SLK32AMG.jpg
    SLK32AMG.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Looks very nice Matt.

It's nearly March so hopefully it'll stop raining soon.

You did well, I have had the last 3 weeks off and also have a garage full of new goodies to try but it has just been too cold or wet or both.

Best I have done is polish the tailpipes and apply some tyre shine - thought I was going to get frostbite just doing that!!!

Looks like some fekker is half blocking your drive there too!

Simon :(

You did well, I have had the last 3 weeks off and also have a garage full of new goodies to try but it has just been too cold or wet or both.

Best I have done is polish the tailpipes and apply some tyre shine - thought I was going to get frostbite just doing that!!!

Looks like some fekker is half blocking your drive there too!

Simon :(

Well yes I can understand that Simon. Living where you do in Kent, it always tends to Kop it weatherwise worse than we do on the south coast in dorset. We also have the added protection of the Isle of Wight and Purbeck Hills.

You have my sympathy :(

P.S. hows the CLK ownership shaping up? I still have ongoing issues with the seatbelt presenters, auto windscreen wipers, and remote Boot release. It's been back to the dealership so many times to try and fix these issues I'm thinking of having my post redirected there as I 'm there so often :rolleyes:

You know I think the car would be much better without the gadgets, too much to go wrong. It's just fortunate the engine is so good, and I love the drop top else I might be having thoughts of changing.

Last edited:
Yes, not too bad thanks Matt, should be cabrio weather again soon.

We also have seatbelt presenters that have a mind of their own!!!

I am more intrigued as to why the CLK has 7 forward gears and the CLS only 6 when both supposedly have the same 7G gearbox :dk:

Simon

Last edited:
It's nearly March so hopefully it'll stop raining soon.

Does it stop raining any more in England? And I am not counting when it snows of course :)

Yes, not too bad thanks Matt, should be cabrio weather again soon.

We also have seatbelt presenters that have a mind of their own!!!

I am more intrigued as to why the CLK has 7 forward gears and the CLS only 6 when both supposedly have the same 7G gearbox :dk:

Simon

Ah yes, the setabelt catch me if you can game!! Very amusing watching those uninitiated fellows making desperate grabs for the elusive belts. The secret is you have to be quick!!

That looks very nice, hope you got the chance to drive it with the roof down!

That looks very nice, hope you got the chance to drive it with the roof down!

Thanks...:)
As for taking it for a drive, unfortunately the only drive I got was a quick flip around the block, all of half a mile, to clean the break disc’s, (they start to rust immediately once the car has been washed and been left standing while being leathered and waxed). Then I'm afraid I got to reverse it straight back into the garage with about ten minutes to spare before it chucked it down with rain again. :rolleyes: Grrrrr

Thats a nice looking 32 Matt, you should be proud.:thumb:

Thanks for saying so…

I've had my 32 from new, and I reckon with the exception of the odd stone chip, it's looking just as good if not better than when I first took delivery.

Bang for buck, it always puts a smile on my face whether I’m driving it or just doing the routine maintenance kinda stuff such as I did that day. I enjoy that process because you can switch off from the day to day rubbish that goes on during the week.

This may sound odd, and despite the fact I paid for paid car, I still think I'm fortunate to be in a position to even own one, and that's not forgetting the CLK. :)

Last edited:
Its yours, you worked for it, whether you drive it, wash it, or just look at it, that is your right. Enjoy, I do with the SL. And you're quite welcome, by the way:cool:

It looks very nice. :thumb:

Simon

I've checked and there are 7 in my CLS. Have you had burgalars?:dk:
6 in 'C' mode (starts in 2nd) but 7 in 'S' mode.

Please tell me you didn't really break out a "sponge!" :doh:

Very nice looking motor, never seen a raghead CLK AMG before.

With you on the weather, I've got 2 cars to keep clean (Landy stays dirty, she loves it) and more products than you could shake a stick at, not been able to use much more than shampoo and quick detailer though :(

God I hate winter. Anyone got a southern hemisphere bolthole up for sale?

Please tell me you didn't really break out a "sponge!" :doh:

For the wheels, why? :confused:
I use a lambs wool mitten for the body work, thats after its been rinsed off properly so as to get the mico dust off. Have I done something wrong then :(

Last edited:
Very nice looking motor, never seen a raghead CLK AMG before.

With you on the weather, I've got 2 cars to keep clean (Landy stays dirty, she loves it) and more products than you could shake a stick at, not been able to use much more than shampoo and quick detailer though :(

God I hate winter. Anyone got a southern hemisphere bolthole up for sale?

Sorry Gridlock
The CLK is a 350 Cabriolet AMG sport, that means it has all the AMG accents, body kit, suspension sport pack, Interior trim, in fact everything except the real important AMG bits, such as engine and gearbox.

:doh: Knew I had forgotten to spec something when I was buying it.

Still a reasonably fast car, great engine...... but not a touch on my SLK32AMG which is ALL AMG :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom