Wash n Wax Vs Shampoo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MKopec88

Car
2015 Mercedes C Class Estate Premium Plus
Evening all

So I'm new to owning a nice car and for this reason I thought I should learn to do some cleaning myself. Atm this is what I have:

Angelwax Vision glass cleaner
Angelwax H2GO rain repellent
Dr Leather leather cleaner
KKD Revolve X ceramic wheel coating
Auto Glymm Polar Blast
Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel

Now comes my q about the car body. After using the Polar Blast snow foam and rinsing it off from a distance with lower pressure from a pressure washer, what's best to get a nice clean for the car. I see so many products online that have pics with nice Beading and all but not sure what the best value for money is atm.

Wash n Wax? Or just Shampoo?

Would love some advice as I really want to get serious about this 😊 not working this Saturday so will get a first proper clean in then.

I would use a pH neutral shampoo with the two bucket method and grit guard. Halfords stock a few.
Rinse.
Clay the paintwork and glass using a detailing spray to keep the paintwork wet . Meguiars clay mitt ( £14 from Halfords) works very well for first time user. The paintwork will feel s smooth as glass afterwards but it removes all polishes and wax.
Wash again with shampoo
Rinse, dry with microfibre towels.
Polish of your choice ( I have a black car and Poorboys Black Hole is very good.)
Wax on top. I like Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax.
Finally, Sonax Brilliant shine detailer sprayed on and wiped off.

I have never found a one step easy does it all miracle product.

The beading that you seek fundamentally arrives from "waxing". Something called ceramic coating is a great product but costs and generally best left to the professionals unless you know what you are doing.

To arrive at beading - you will need to do a multstage build. Takes me about 6 hours to fully "detail" a car. AMGeed gives you an insight into the stages.

The products are down to personal choice eg PoorBoys loved by many but I am useless with it and never get a satisfying finish.

It becomes addictive and then you find yourself convincing yourself that dionised water is a must have but then distilled is even better..............:wallbash:

There is a product which my detailer uses which sprays on from straight from a bottle and then jet washes off, and can provide protection for 6 weeks or more - and great beading. I’ll find out what it’s called.

There is a product which my detailer uses which sprays on from straight from a bottle and then jet washes off, and can provide protection for 6 weeks or more - and great beading. I’ll find out what it’s called.
I’m not sure which one they use but these are from two of my favourite details product companies:

I've never really found these wax fortified shampoos do a great deal. I even found that the Gyeon Bathe+ isn't anywhere near as good as a layer of Wet Coat after you've washed and rinsed.

There are some more recent products that apply a coat of protection very easily and with a simple spray and rinse or spray on a wet car and dry. Gyeon Wet Coat and Bouncers Bead Juice work by spraying into a wet car and hitting with a blast from the pressure washer. It spreads and activates the products leaving protection behind and you'll see some nice beading for 4-6 weeks. I like them as a top up to a couple of layers of wax.

My personal favourite and one I've raved about on here is the Meguiars Hybric Ceramic spray on wax. You apply the base layer onto a wet car and simply dry it off. The following applications can be applied in the same way as the products above but you get better longevity applying like the base layer every time. I use it to top up the sealant I have applied but you could use it as a stand alone product. If you want something quick and easy that will leave the paint beading and repelling water/dirt, give it a try.

just watched the video on the gtech that looks good

As has been said above, welcome to the top of the slippery slope.....

FWIW, giving the car a well-lubricated claying was an eye-opener for me. That and discovering quick detailer for intermediate washes.

Then prepare yourself for all the daft comments from neighbours and passers-by which become par for the course.

Thanks for all the comments guys 😊👍I think my car may have had a ceramic coat or something put on it because when I first got it, it was raining for a few days and the rain was leaving bubbles. Now the car is dusty and gross.

I suppose doing the snow foam and then the two bucket method with some shampoo should do the trick. I have thsi autobrite shampoo coming tomorrow so hopefully it does the trick! Screenshot_20201007_095512_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks for all the comments guys 😊👍I think my car may have had a ceramic coat or something put on it because when I first got it, it was raining for a few days and the rain was leaving bubbles. Now the car is dusty and gross.

I suppose doing the snow foam and then the two bucket method with some shampoo should do the trick. I have thsi autobrite shampoo coming tomorrow so hopefully it does the trick! View attachment 103230
Before and after pics are in order buddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom