Washers, etc, fault.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slsteve

Car
1995 sl500 and 2002 s500l
I would be grateful for some help with a problem I have with my 1994 sl500.
I last used the car a couple of weeks ago and I then had windscreen washers. Just been out and found that I have no windscreen washers, headlamp washers and no headlight flash. I still have wipers, main beam and indicators.
I have checked connectors and fuses and I have power to these. I am not sure which relay it is, I have checked the one I think it might be and there is no power at all there.
Could someone tell me how to identify the correct relay? Is this likely to be related to the column switch or even the ignition switch?
I am definitely no auto electrician, any help or advice much appreciated.

Steve.

Is this whilst driving or stationary with doors open? I ask as with more modern models the wipers/washers won't operate if door are open

Thanks but;
Both, normal driving and stood with the doors open/closed.
They were working fine and the wipers, indicators, etc, all work perfectly. This is why I thought maybe the relay but I need to know which one it is so that I can progress.

Steve.

Just spent some more time on this, rechecked all the fuses and relays etc.
I have got fully functioning wipers, headlamp wipers, indicators and full beam. I have no washers and no headlamp flash.
I am now considering if the fault lies with the steering column control stalk?
Looks like I will have to get an auto electrician to take a look and confirm my suspicions before I start changing parts.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom