Washing tinted windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ForestAthlete

Car
E350 BlueTEC AMG Sport Estate
Hello Everyone,

Do you have any tips on hand washing, rinsing and especially shammying tinted windows?
My E350 S212 has factory dark tinted rear windows which always show streaks after hand washing.
My washing process is:- hosing, washing with sponge and soap, rinsing with hose and then using a chamois leather to remove remaining water drops.
My local hand-wash garage crew has it down to an art form.

Thanks

FA

PS my local hand-wash garage has it down to an art.

Try a microfibre instead of a chamois

Tinted windows are washed the same as normal windows? The tint film is applied to the inside of the glass.

Yes, it's strange. The clear glass windscreen and front driver/passenger windows don't show streaks, just the tinted windows.
The tinted windows are different to the touch.

I use microfibres. Even better, Autoglym detailing spray.

Yes, it's strange. The clear glass windscreen and front driver/passenger windows don't show streaks, just the tinted windows.
The tinted windows are different to the touch.

Hold on are we talking about factory privacy glass or aftermarket film?

Its just cause they are black! I take it youve never owned a black car, otherwise its the whole car!

Run the rinse water through a DI Vessel. No streaks, no water marks. No need to dry it off. Guaranteed.

Run the rinse water through a DI Vessel. No streaks, no water marks. No need to dry it off. Guaranteed.
+1 I invested in one recently too. Around £90 IIRC.

Yep had mine about a year now - it is worth every penny .......I also purchased a dissolved solids tester for about £5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom