Washing your car in the street could land you a £60 fine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What happens on the driveway, stays on the driveway

On GMB yesterday morning Piers Morgan asked if was OK for him to wash his Aston Martin outside his house. The guidance was that it would be considered a non-essential activity and that any cleaning should be limited to the safety aspect such as the windscreen, numberplate and lights.

A bit of context here, wasn't the question asked to Dr Hilary Jones and he replied with his guidance?
Is he a law expert, privy to government policy, or just spouting what he believes the guidance to mean like too many others on TV these days?

A bit of context here, wasn't the question asked to Dr Hilary Jones and he replied with his guidance?
Is he a law expert, privy to government policy, or just spouting what he believes the guidance to mean like too many others on TV these days?

Oh, that Dr Hilary Jones...

Lady enters the surgery.

"Hello Doctor, I think I've been stung on the ear by a wasp."

"OK, lie on the couch and take your panties off and I'll take a look..."

There is a law to say , that car repairs can not be done on the public road or outside your own home .
It’s also against the law to carry a plank on the side street in London 😁

To further the debate, what are your thoughts on the car washing situation? I don't think Dr Hilary's opinions are particularly controversial in this context. People tend to feel more secure when given advice by acknowledged experts, pundits or influencers but I always apply a common sense filter. In this instance it doesn't seem unreasonable to minimise the transmission risk by limiting the length of time you spend cleaning a car in a public place. I can imagine my contact-tracing statement just before they insert the ventilator tube - I was walking past this sweaty coughing guy cleaning his Aston Martin and thought "What a d!ckhead (yes, it was Piers Morgan but other d!ckheads are available), that's one Hell of an expensive motor and he's not even using the 2BM!"

Anyway I'll leave it there, those 5G masts aren't going to burn themselves. I know if we all pull together we'll defeat this virus. 😷 😉

I'm going to wash my car this evening on my driveway as usual, with the pressure washer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom