Waste Veg Oil supply

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tpv01

i have a E300d and want to run my car on WVO for the long motorway miles i will soon be doing.

i am not one of the new (veg)oil barons that is popping up and taking free oil from a generous supplier and selling it on ebay for profit.

About to start my veg project in the car and will need regular supply of free WVO. Will be using approx. 70+ litres a week soon.

I live in west london so can pick up anywhere in london area, parents live in dorset so that could be possible also, my commute will take me along the length of the M4 to west wales so can pick up from their at weekends and my weekly residence will be pembrokshire so could also pick up from that area.

will be only doing basic filtering and settling and i am a bit of an amateur at this so nothing too dirty, old or oxidised please.

thanks,
Tom.

my email is [email protected] or PM me.

your best bet is to phone around local takeaways, chippies etc.

if you can get past the language barrier - i phoned around - its easier than going in the shop in person and less embarrassment/hassle when they dont understand what you are talking about!!

i managed to get a few supplies - but have since decided to stick to the Straight Veg route

iwill be only doing basic filtering and settling and i am a bit of an amateur at this so nothing too dirty, old or oxidised please.

thanks,
Tom.

my email is [email protected] or PM me.
I like your style and wish you luck :)

tpv01 said:
will be only doing basic filtering and settling and i am a bit of an amateur at this so nothing too dirty, old or oxidised please.

then make sure you dont get anything like the image in this link in your waste veg!!

(WARNING DONT CLICK IF SCREAMISH!!)

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7596

incidently, that veg forum is an excellent source of all things veggie!

your best bet is to phone around local takeaways, chippies etc.

if you can get past the language barrier - i phoned around - its easier than going in the shop in person and less embarrassment/hassle when they dont understand what you are talking about!!

i managed to get a few supplies - but have since decided to stick to the Straight Veg route

a question for you...

did you find that places were willing to give it to you for free and was it possible to get supplies from 'non-independent' fast food chains like Chicken Cottage right up to KFC's and MaccyD's? i guess they are all franchised off so it is upto the restaurant owner what he does with the oil.
Also, what was behind your decision to go on the SVO? less hassle or worried it would cause your car problems?

to be totally honest, my wife wasnt happy with having waste veg around the garage!!

but i also wasnt too keen due to the hassle of filtering it correctly etc. to do it properly you need to let it settle for a week or so to de-water it etc. I get the SVO at around 86p per litre at the moment so thats good enough for me. i may change my mind though if prices continue to rise.

i would be happy in putting WVO in my car aslong as i knew i'd filtered it correctly and i would also add a few extra mods to the car probably aswell, whereas running on SVO i havnt added anything.

I think its only worth going to local places - MDonalds etc already have a natioinwide collection.

if you see a new shop open - get in their quick - as they probably wont have a collector set up yet.

most of the places i rang were fine with me collecting for free. one place wanted a new 20L veg supply in return for 60L waste.

you also need to find somewhere with high output - usually means several suppliers as many wont change their veg in a month :eek:

Quite a few peeps on Ebay selling ready filtered oil cheap, dotted all over the country...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom