watch cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
always leave a deposit. Lots of people have their name down on lists with multiple dealers to see what comes up first, but no deposits

Leaving a deposit was never in the equation , as i was never mentioned by the AD or the Independent if it had then i would have certainly done so.

All mine have came from Omega / Ernst + Jones / Beaverbrooks / Watchfinder , unfortunately nothing from WoS (Rolex)

Just need that last space filled.

K

You can go back to buying 5 digit ref watches, many prefer to the bling of the newer items, I was in Geneva this year and exhibition only at the airport, Cuz is thru Dubai 6-8 times a year and only yellow gold blue Subs if you are lucky there over the last year.
Middle East is not that cheap anymore even in the duty free.

I bought my wife a Rolex for a special birthday a few years back.. we had been admiring the watches the year before at Heathrow duty free.. and a helpful sales assistant there told us that if there was a Rolex she wanted but wasn't in the shop, we could let her know when we were flying again and she would make sure it was in stock in the shop for us when we were passing through again. ...emails exchanged, we gave her six months notice for a new Ladies Datejust that had just come out... she was true to her word...and I saved nearly 2k on the High St price.

Leaving a deposit was never in the equation , as i was never mentioned by the AD or the Independent if it had then i would have certainly done so.

All mine have came from Omega / Ernst + Jones / Beaverbrooks / Watchfinder , unfortunately nothing from WoS (Rolex)

Just need that last space filled.

K
You need to get yourself a watch winder mate, keep those mechanisms working.

Suggest you phone & offer a deposit. As I said loads of people on lists. Do they actually have a list for someone just interested. If they have a deposit you are on a list & near the top. Just like buying a car, if you say you will be down tomorrow to see it, don't be surprised if its gone because someone who phoned after you has put a deposit on it.
+1 for watch winder

You need to get yourself a watch winder mate, keep those mechanisms working.
Apparently a watch winder is not really needed unless you are swapping watches on a daily basis and do not want to reset them every time. A couple of year sago my son purchased 3 Rolex watches (2 for him & 1 for her). He enquired about a winder and they gave him the above advise.

Middle East is not that cheap anymore even in the duty free.

I thought when we went to Dubai that the watches would be more affordable than here in the UK , they weren`t so figured it would be better buying in the UK incase there were any issues with it.

Suggest you phone & offer a deposit. As I said loads of people on lists. Do they actually have a list for someone just interested. If they have a deposit you are on a list & near the top. Just like buying a car, if you say you will be down tomorrow to see it, don't be surprised if its gone because someone who phoned after you has put a deposit on it.
+1 for watch winder

I will do that , i have my name down in two places for a JC so lets see what transpires.

K

Apparently a watch winder is not really needed unless you are swapping watches on a daily basis and do not want to reset them every time. A couple of year sago my son purchased 3 Rolex watches (2 for him & 1 for her). He enquired about a winder and they gave him the above advise.
With modern lubricants, a winder is not strictly needed anymore; it's more about the convenience of not needing to reset the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom