watch cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This was a Birthday Present 7 years ago... more practical than other watches I have owned.. and I have added patina wearing it every day! View attachment 128730
I have something very similar as my daily wear for many years now. Mine is the day/date version with the sweep second timer hand, the Omega speedmaster text where your timer dial is and a blue watch face. Bought it second hand off Ebay August 2002 for £648, think current value is £1.5-2k!! Had it serviced not long after I bought it, but since then have only had to replace the strap catch - found a brand new one on Ebay and fitted it myself. Poor thing could do with being serviced again!DSCN3100[1].JPG

I bought one of these (from Maplins, shows how long I've had it) and it does a great job. Using the watch bracelet attachment you can see the dirt fall out of it.

ultrasonic-jewellery-cleaner-jpl-ultra-7000s-51-p.jpg
That looks identical to what I have (as mentioned above)

1) IIRC they changed the case design around 2010 and many prefer the design that predates the change.
2) There seems to be a shortage (intentional by Rolex ??) which is driving up the price of used models and some now items have waiting lists of several years now.
They have suddenly become quite fashionable (knock-off market must be doing well).
I'm not so sure. I bought my first one back in 1981, and I think that there's always been an alleged lead-time of 5+ years on the Submariner and 10+ years on the Daytona, with used prices always being above the new price. (Only on the steel sports models, not the gold/steel or gold)

I say "alleged" because I got hold of my new Daytona in 2000 after just two years, my Datejust in less than a year, and that Sub in a matter of (Covid19) months, but I was told in each case to expect the wait to be longer. And all this excludes the wait list requests which never came to anything.

Given my track record on cars, you won't be surprised to hear that I've had forty Rolexes over those four decades. Pretty much everyone having been different, including five or more different blue/gold Subs.

You would think that, by now, I would have sussed the whole thing out, but "life's too short, darling." I just buy when one takes my fancy.

But if anyone knows how it all really works, I'd love to know.

How long did he have it? They only came out in 2003.

How long did he have it? They only came out in 2003.
Not to sure Rory sadly my grandad and Nan and my dear mother have passed away my dad pissed off in 1974 not seen him since …...so no one to ask sadly but I think he had it in 2011that’s when I bought my Omega sea master which I have SOLD now

Last edited:
Not to sure Rory sadly my grandad and Nan and my dear mother have passed away my dad pissed off in 1974 not seen him since …...so no one to ask sadly but I think he had it in 2011that’s when I bought my Omega sea master which I have SOLD now
They (green face) were a limited edition - supposedly quite collectable! Hang on to it.

i was going to get involved with this topic but then realised that im happy with the size of penis ,,,,,,

i was going to get involved with this topic but then realised that im happy with the size of penis ,,,,,,
Considering that reply and your user name perhaps you should visit this thread?

They (green face) were a limited edition - supposedly quite collectable! Hang on to it.
Lots of different versions of the green: Hulk, Kermit, Kermit II etc. Cases, bezels, bracelets, clasps and movements (such as the 3235) changed

The 2020 upgrades were substantial improvements on the 2010-2020 era.

Certainly collectable and all more valuable than their black Rolex equivalents.

Why own a low mileage AMG when for a little bit more you can have a Hulk or Kermit ? Can't take your AMG for a swim.

I only have a plebeian Omega Seamaster rather than a regal Rolex. And as the saying goes, Rolex for show, Omega for those that know. So I won't be posting a photo. 🤣
The Omega seamaster is an absolute classic .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom