watch cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At least you got an offer of something , 18m down the line and haven`t even had a courtesy word from the AD (and an indy) regarding the JC and not really expecting to do so anytime soon.

K
Buy something for the wife, something substancial, things will improve.

I miraculously became the man of the moment when the Wife made a purchase.

Are any of the diving watches owned by divers ?
I didn’t buy mine for diving. I bought it because in the Ian Fleming book I read as a boy, James Bond had a submariner, I always wanted one and I like the looks.

Do people with Breitling Navitimers or IWC Pilot watches all fly aircraft, Omega Speedmaster - Astronauts.......etc

I didn’t buy mine for diving. I bought it because in the Ian Fleming book I read as a boy, James Bond had a submariner, I always wanted one and I like the looks.

Do people with Breitling Navitimers or IWC Pilot watches all fly aircraft, Omega Speedmaster - Astronauts.......etc
I own two Omega Dynamic watches, so I must be super dynamic!🤣

I love the green , I noticed the other day that Omega are bringing out a Seamster in green , so I might have to freshen up my 20 year old blue Seamaster at some point .
Copying Rolex ? 😅 ;)

The very one that graces my wrist. 22 years old, a present from the lady in my life while we were on holiday in Barbados. Cost just shy of £900 and worn every day and night since. Now in desperate need of a service but the case and crystal are still virtually unmarked. She has since exchanged a Rolex for a ladies Seamaster and our son had a Moonwatch when he graduated.
My wife still has a lovely two tone Rolex and a gold ladies Bulova.. Guess what she wears.....her FitBit :wallbash:(to be fair the 2 Rolexes she’s had didn’t leave her wrist for about 35 years. I gave my son my a Rolex when he graduated. He now has two others. (Yacht master and a Daytona) and never wears the one we gave him:wallbash:. Happily, it will go to the eldest grandson (academic) and my submariner will go to the second eldest (jock).:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JHS
Do people with Breitling Navitimers or IWC Pilot watches all fly aircraft

That's why I bought mine fortyish years ago, when they were relatively significantly cheaper than today because of new fangled quartz watches that everyone seemed to want. I no longer fly (marriage, mortgage etc.) and the navitimer was stolen from a servicing facility but hey ho.

Do people with Breitling Navitimers or IWC Pilot watches all fly aircraft

That's why I bought mine fortyish years ago, when they were relatively significantly cheaper than today because of new fangled quartz watches that everyone seemed to want. I no longer fly (marriage, mortgage etc.) and the navitimer was stolen from a servicing facility but hey ho.
Now all the pilots use ipads & glass cockpits with SatNav etc.

Years ago I had a couple of really nice Omegas and a bunch of other watches. We had a break-in in the early 80s and the lot got nicked. Pretty annoying and one had been a gift from my dad.

Now all the pilots use ipads & glass cockpits with SatNav etc.

Map, compass, stopwatch and E-6B for me
biggrin.gif

Buy something for the wife, something substancial, things will improve.

I miraculously became the man of the moment when the Wife made a purchase.

Not prepared to go down this path , i wont be held to financial ransom for a watch it would be different if the wife was looking for a watch anyway. I speak to a Rolex enthusiast at the gym regularly and his method is to "befriend" the boutique watch manager and ply them with gifts (presents / vouchers / weekends away etc.) over time and it seems to work for him as he has a substantial Rolex collection and good luck to him but it is not for me. You only have to look at some of the watch dealers stock to find new , unworn + stickered Rolex`s at list + 70% to realise how corrupt the grey market watch dealers relationships are with the AD`s.

With the above in mind i probably wont get one and if that is the case so be it .

There is one avenue that i have still to investigate that may get me what i want , it involves a family member in a land far far away.

K

At least you don't have to deal with this:

Brings a whole new meaning to the Blue Screen of Death

Not prepared to go down this path , i wont be held to financial ransom for a watch it would be different if the wife was looking for a watch anyway. I speak to a Rolex enthusiast at the gym regularly and his method is to "befriend" the boutique watch manager and ply them with gifts (presents / vouchers / weekends away etc.) over time and it seems to work for him as he has a substantial Rolex collection and good luck to him but it is not for me. You only have to look at some of the watch dealers stock to find new , unworn + stickered Rolex`s at list + 70% to realise how corrupt the grey market watch dealers relationships are with the AD`s.

With the above in mind i probably wont get one and if that is the case so be it .

There is one avenue that i have still to investigate that may get me what i want , it involves a family member in a land far far away.

K
You can go back to buying 5 digit ref watches, many prefer to the bling of the newer items, I was in Geneva this year and exhibition only at the airport, Cuz is thru Dubai 6-8 times a year and only yellow gold blue Subs if you are lucky there over the last year.

new fangled quartz watches that everyone seemed to want.
I was that man. In the 70's working in the U.S., I was in Tiffany's jewellers in New York. Toss up between Rolex Daytona & new fangled Pulsar digital. Prices similar. You guessed it, bought Pulsar.. See what 70's Daytona's are worth today.:rolleyes: Don't even mention Pulsar:eek:

At least you got an offer of something , 18m down the line and haven`t even had a courtesy word from the AD (and an indy) regarding the JC and not really expecting to do so anytime soon.

K
Think its easier if you have bought before and the OP knows you. Over the years I bought a Datejust, Daytona & the wife's Datejust as well as a gold Ebel Automatic model 1911 & still have them Wanted a James Cameron, phoned the owner, left a deposit, she said she would see what she could do. Two weeks later she phoned to say the watch was in. Don't just go on a waiting list always leave a deposit. Lots of people have their name down on lists with multiple dealers to see what comes up first, but no depositsDSCN0029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom