Watch out there’s a Merc about.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMG_0290.JPG As this seems to have become a thread about gorgeous timepieces, here's one I had 10 years ago. Steve McQueen has always been a hero of mine and the the film Le Mans is one of my favourites, I bought this Tag Heuer Monaco Steve McQueen as a nod to the great man. Lovely watch, but crappy perspex glass which scratched so easily. For the money you would have thought they'd put sapphire crystal in there!IMG_20190210_080102.jpg

... I think we'd all like to have a Patek Philippe or? I'd need to sell Mrs Edd1968 to afford one. ;)

Have a memory fail always regarding the spelling order ! Even though I had a really good copy Patek Philippe when I worked in Thailand in the mid 90's. Had to get rid of it as the gold on the case started to rub off, kept good time as well!

Ah horology - another of my interests.
Had a few nice timepieces in my time but my favourite I had to sell (to raise some badly needed funds 3 years ago have been made redundant ).
View attachment 83376
So if any of you guys have a Breitling Headwind in whatever condition and want to part with it, let me know.
(and I'd also just paid £545 for a full overhaul when I took this pic. to add insult to injury)
Damn Edd I owned a Breitling Colt when I was made redundant, do you think they bring bad luck?

Managed to hold on to mine and exchanged it for a datejust to celebrate my advancing years and self employment...
1b1a2ec65d919be0ef40d6432ff5b5b6.jpg
9beb4343c711c81b8022caf7095fe9fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom