Watch suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordonTarling

MB Enthusiast
Car
2007 E63 AMG V8 Estate
My medications have just changed and I now have to take one of them at 8am, 2pm and 10pm - probably easy enough to remember when I'm home, but highly likely to forget at least one if I happen to be out somewhere. I was thinking that having a watch with three alarms set on a daily basis might be a good idea, but I can find few watch descriptions which actually state the number of alarms they have. Has anyone got a suggestion for a reasonably priced watch which has at least three alarms. Not bothered if analogue or totally digital, as long as it does the job. Under £100 would be good, too. ;)

Wouldnt an Apple Watch or similar be more suitable? Not got one (i'm a Rolex nerd!) but imagine they will have alarms that you can set via your phone?

I don't know of an analogue watch which would do as you require, certainly not for your budget anyway, but I'm sure that there would be a good few digital ones including, but not limited to, the Casio G-Shock range.

I've no idea of the functions of the watches on the page I've listed but they are good reliable things so worth a browse round.

Casio AQ-S810W? £30 on Amazon.

Cheers,

Gaz

Could you set up phone reminders/alarms?

Thanks for the help chaps.

cfoster - sorry, I don't do Apple products and I didn't really want anything that depends on a mobile phone.
Daveenty & gaz_I - Looks like that Casio AQ-S810W should do what I want and for £30, it's worth a punt, so I'll get one ordered.
DrFeelgood - Whilst I do have a mobile phone, the signal in rural Lincolnshire is somewhat lacking, so it's rarely switched on unless I need to make a call when I'm out, so I'd rather not depend on it for this.

Thanks again!

Did you get a watch sorted? If not, I can look into this for you. I currently have, ahem, about 200+ watches, so am often looking at various makes and models, so can almost certainly point you in the right direction.

Wouldnt an Apple Watch or similar be more suitable? Not got one (i'm a Rolex nerd!) but imagine they will have alarms that you can set via your phone?

A watch that needs charging up every day? Not for me.

gaz-I - Thanks for the offer, very kind of you. However, I placed an order for a similar looking Casio watch yesterday that is alleged to have 5 alarms, so we'll see how that turns out.

FlyingSpanner - Thanks for the info, but decided a smart watch isn't for me at this time. BTW, our paths may well have crossed in the past at BA - drop me a PM with your eal name.

ChrisEdu - Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm hopefully sorted now.

I can see the OP's point. At some point during my year of illness (some time ago), I needed to take 3 different pills: 3 times, 4 times, and 5 times daily. Wasn't fun staying on top of this schedule...

markjay - you're so right - it can be very hard to keep track of what needs to be taken at what time of day, particularly when the dose can change from week to week. I've managed OK up to now, but this new medication needs to be taken at specific times, so hoping the watch will help.

as your timetable is evenly spaced at 6 hour intervals, can you use a countdown function on a cheap digital watch?

A "FitBit" may meet your needs? Mrs M bought me one, partly to be used as you describe. MY daily pill intake having long passed industrial proportions. This makes confusing times, drugs, etc a very real and sometimes dangerous reality. I have experienced a few slips with Oramorph which have been serious enough to cause concern.

I gave up on the FItBit as it was too complex for my needs. So it would have worked very well, but i over-complicated it with user errors.

I ended up resorting to a hand written notepad that I fill out each night ready for the following days intake.

I list across the page:

Time: Drug Name: Quantity to take: Quantity Taken: Total:

A bit fiddly, but it actually does work (for me)

TBH most watch alarms I've heard are so quiet they're not of great purpose.
My choice for this would be an Andriod device, mobile phone being the obvious answer.

You can programe as many alarms as needed, and title them. So the reminder of which event could be of added benefit.

If I'm not using BT and wifi my present phone is good for 6 - 7 days on a charge. I still get in a couple of calls and a good few text at that. It's easy to imagine that it's not a skinny phone with its capable battery, but still goes in my pocket.

I can see the OP's point. At some point during my year of illness (some time ago), I needed to take 3 different pills: 3 times, 4 times, and 5 times daily. Wasn't fun staying on top of this schedule...

I know that feeling only too well. I've had to take pills four times-a-day, along with other medication that overlapped that schedule! Arghh! I found that I had to have a written schedule, plus alarms on my phone and watch, plus Alexa reminding me.

Talking of watches, I took delivery of my new watch polishing machine this morning. Yet another tool to hide in a kitchen cupboard, as I tend to work on watches at the kitchen table. :)

Talking of watches, I took delivery of my new watch polishing machine this morning. Yet another tool to hide in a kitchen cupboard, as I tend to work on watches at the kitchen table. :)

Sounds like you need to show us your collection ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom