Watch suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
TBH most watch alarms I've heard are so quiet they're not of great purpose.
My choice for this would be an Andriod device, mobile phone being the obvious answer.

You can programe as many alarms as needed, and title them. So the reminder of which event could be of added benefit.

If I'm not using BT and wifi my present phone is good for 6 - 7 days on a charge. I still get in a couple of calls and a good few text at that. It's easy to imagine that it's not a skinny phone with its capable battery, but still goes in my pocket.

m80 - Thanks, you're so right about the volume of a watch. The Casio that arrived earlier this week is hardly audible against any background noise and I've missed hearing it three times already. A Seiko chronograph/alarm watch which was lurking in a drawer only has one alarm, but that is also very quiet.

Bruce - Thanks for the suggestion, but I fear ANY watch alarm isn't going to be loud enough now that I've tried two. Simple is always better for me, so I'll give your method of writing it all down a try.

Thanks for all the suggestions chaps - it appears that using a phone is probably one of the best ways to go, but I'm reluctant to carry one round with me all day and every day due to the bulk in my pocket - perhaps I can find a smaller phone that I could use just for the alarm function.

m80 - Thanks, you're so right about the volume of a watch. The Casio that arrived earlier this week is hardly audible against any background noise and I've missed hearing it three times already. A Seiko chronograph/alarm watch which was lurking in a drawer only has one alarm, but that is also very quiet.

Bruce - Thanks for the suggestion, but I fear ANY watch alarm isn't going to be loud enough now that I've tried two. Simple is always better for me, so I'll give your method of writing it all down a try.

Thanks for all the suggestions chaps - it appears that using a phone is probably one of the best ways to go, but I'm reluctant to carry one round with me all day and every day due to the bulk in my pocket - perhaps I can find a smaller phone that I could use just for the alarm function.
I picked up a brand new iPhone 5s for £88 on ebay recently, it's very thin without any cover.

Have you thought about looking specifically at alarms for people with hearing problems? I know it's niche, but, I believe, this work via vibrations to the wrist, so you wouldn't need to hear it. Try contacting somebody that deals with hard of hearing.

I have a gorgeous Tudor Advisor mechanical watch, and whilst not massively loud, I also feel the vibrations of the alarm, so I know when it is going off.

DrFeelgood - Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look and see what I can find.

ChrisEdu - Great idea, I never thought of that! I'll do some investigating and see what I can find.

I've still got the Timex if you're interested Gordon. The vibration is certainly enough to make you take notice. If you know anyone with an Apple watch, ask them to demonstrate the vibrating alarm, it's very similar.

Cheers,

Gaz

The Chinese phones have come a long way, I'm more than happy with mine.
I've no experience of these, and there are many more examples out there. It might be worth looking into any reviews.
Soyes 7S Dual Sim Small Mini Android Smart Touch Screen Mobile Phone | eBay
It's your choice to use it as a phone as well, or just the simple alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom