Watchdog tonight 20:00 BBC 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Heads up.

Synopsis shows they investigate the car repair industry. May be of interest to some

Would never have guessed it was KwikFit :wallbash:

How dare you say that. There's nothing wrong with KF.

...or some would have you believe.

Pole, barge and touch.

'...they are now recalling the Zafira B. The company says it still does not know the root cause of the fires, but from next week it will write to all affected owners to recall every one of the 220,000 Zafira Bs on the road so they can make necessary repairs and ensure the cars are safe.'

.....now that's pure Gibberish. :D

I have a Kwik-Fit receipt from 2013 for 4x £1.50 Nitrogen Inflation from the previous owner that fitted 4x new tyres, so maybe I can get £6.00 back. :)

The Amazon story was shocking in the sense that they stuck with their decision to ban the accounts. I can understand why they have this procedure in place and it is because of the recent scams that took place but surely they would have reviewed them after watchdog got in touch? Just shows how a large company can get away with making up their own rules, knowing they can afford to lose a few customers here and there

Given the amount of negativity that surrounds Kwik Fit, I'm surprised they're still around. literally no-one I know has anything nice to say about them.

That said, I did use them in the Summer for tyres when they had a Goodyear promo running. That was a mobile service however.

I have never had a problem with KF. Unfortunately though they have tightened up and will only put oil in your car that their system says is correct. You have no choice.

I put in Mobil1 0/W40 last time...but they wont do it now.

I have bought all batteries from them for years and yes...they start the cars!!

Although I never use them for tyres I have found KF to be OK, maybe it depends on the staff at individual sites but the manager at my nearest is alright.

MOTs are the same wherever you go by and large and KF were convenient for me for years.

It's not widely known but they are also up for some discount on bigger spends, I knocked them down 50% on brakes and discs a few years ago.

Sometimes you just don't want to bugger about and need somewhere quick and clean to do a relatively simple job for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom