Water bomb breaks headlight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterE320Cdi

Car
C219 CLS 320 CDi, R170 SLK 230K, XC60 Past Cars: S210 E320 CDi rusty, CLK 240, S210 E300 DT
My father in law had a water bomb thrown at his car last night from a Corsa traveling the other direction and it's smashed his passenger side headlight. His car is a 1998 E300 TD S210

Does anyone know if it needs a complete new unit or if you can buy the lens separately?

Any recommendations for places to try for a second hand one?

People dont realise the damage one of these bombs can do.
When it hits something at high speed, it acts similar to a solid object of the same weight and therefore does have the ability to do considerable damage.
Totally irresponsible and dangerous.
I doubt whether the glass can be bought seperately, however, he may be able to source one secondhand from either a breaker or maybe Ebay.
Try your yellow pages or Thompson for local breakers.

Last edited:
My father in law had a water bomb thrown at his car last night from a Corsa traveling the other direction and it's smashed his passenger side headlight. His car is a 1998 E300 TD S210

Does anyone know if it needs a complete new unit or if you can buy the lens separately?

Looks like you can buy the lens on it's own, there are various part numbers depending on light config. Give your local dealer a call with the chassis number and they'll confirm the correct part and price.

You can buy the lens on it's own:

euromercwebstore: Headlight Lens - Left

If you buy a used one make sure it's not too stonechipped, as they're plastic and some high milage ones go opaque...

Catch a second hand part off ebay, i bought a pair of headlights for mine for £30 when mine got chipped. Or you can try breakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom