Water coolant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnny 1

Car
c220 cd1
Hi I've got a Mercedes 220 cdi I had car 4 months and had to top coolant up twice with about 1/2 a ltr is this normal it only seems to drop slightly in expansion tank but warning comes on its a w203 model thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or a blown head gasket? A check for leaks and oil quality will be in order. A pressure test of the cooling system will not be wasted.

You could inspect the spark plugs. When I had a similar coolant consumption problem the slight head gasket leak showed up as a build up of deposits on one of the spark plugs.

Edit- but of course you don't have spark plugs on cdi :doh:

Check your water pump for a small leak. After a run and the engine off and cooled down, put your hand under the pump and see if it is damp/wet.

Thanks I'll check the pump thanks

Thanks again yes it was water pump fitting new one tomorrow and belt [emoji3]

Fitted new pump and belt we only have comma g30 xtream this ok

Fitted new pump and belt we only have comma g30 xtream this ok

Yes and no..... it will do the job, but it is not the correct coolant for your engine.

The coolant should meet Mercedes Benz spec sheet 326.6 for pre-mix coolant, or 325.6 for coolant that needs to be mixed 50%-50% with distilled water (or, if the vehicle was manufactured before May 2014, then you can also use the older MB spec sheets 326.0/325.0).

Coolant to spec sheets 325.0/325.6 and 326.0/326.6 has 15 years or 250,000 KM service life, and will not cause residue or corrosion.

MB's own-brand coolant to spec sheet 325.6 (i.e. to be mixed with distilled water) is P/N 000 989 28 25. The older 325.0 are P/N 000 989 01 25, P/N 000 989 08 25, and P/N 000 989 09 25.

Comma Xstream G30 is a fine coolant with 5 years service life, and will keep your engine cool with minimum corrosion, but it is not the product recommended by MB as it does not meet the relevant MB spec sheet. See also: Xstream® G30® Antifreeze & Coolant Concentrate : Manufacturer Approved Antifreeze & Coolants : Products Guide : Comma Oil & Chemicals Ltd.

Thanks for reply I'll change for correct coolant just to be on safe side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom