Water dripping under R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusty55

Car
sl320
Hi Can any one tell me where i will locate air conditioner water discharge under the car as after a 70 mile run on sat there was a constant water drip from the rear gear box area. checked water coolant tank and that appeared ok.

How much of a drip and what does constant signify? I ask a it's normal for there to be a drip when the air con has been going.

Hi thanks for replying. tI would say that at least a cup full and it was clean and clear spreading on hard clean concrete. later it had all soaked in but the knee jerk reaction on the fact worried if the car had started to be problematic

I'd say that was fairly usual....see what others think, but I don't think you should be worrying.

Sounds like normal condensation from the aircon to me.

BTB500: had a silver SL500 whizz past me on the M4 london bound near swindon in silver
looking a classic in the out side lane sunday was it you ???
i had just been out to enjoying my SL

BTB500: had a silver SL500 whizz past me on the M4 london bound near swindon in silver
looking a classic in the out side lane sunday was it you ???

No not me, I'm in Germany at the moment :)

The old school motors look and feel good on the road. will be taking mine over the channel next year

I have been seeing the same problem with my (new to me) 96 SL320. Scientific "finger dipping" just water. At least the AC works well - even with the top down

I checked after a drive on sun and had the same as my first posting no loss of coolant so as you have all stated it must be from the ac unit cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom