Water droplets on drivers sun visor ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stepper

Car
2003 C220cdi
Hi everyone I have a w203 C220cdi saloon and have noticed this morning water droplets on the drivers sun visor it was in a slightly down position.
the headlining around the drivers side visor was wet ? So to my mind it has to be either
A, windscreen leaking at top
B, Roof trims allowing water in.
Has anyone had any experience of this issue ? I would be really pleased for any help on the matter, the car has only done 53K and is superb all round apart from this little pain 😂
please email [email protected] Or Pm please.
thanks in advance.

I was about to say sun roof drains, but some cars dont have the sun roof anymore , due to air con .If it your roof has a sun roof in than why not tell us in your post to start with . It is obvious that water is getting in from some place above the sun visor, and the visor is higher than window screen. And if you dont have a sun roof your seal on the front screen is leaking water in to the car .

Last edited:
It could be down to a poorly done windscreen replacement at some point (I've had this myself, although not with a W203).

On a car of this age there is a good chance that it has had a replacement windscreen at some point in its life . It could be leaking, the water will be driven up at driving speed and pass the seal.

No roof bars and no sunroof would point to this. If left the metal edge under the seal could rot putting the car past economical repair. If there are no obvious signs of leakage the windshield should be removed and possibly a new seal fitted.

On a car of this age there is a good chance that it has had a replacement windscreen at some point in its life . It could be leaking, the water will be driven up at driving speed and pass the seal.

No roof bars and no sunroof would point to this. If left the metal edge under the seal could rot putting the car past economical repair. If there are no obvious signs of leakage the windshield should be removed and possibly a new seal fitted.
Hi Pete seems to only happen if I park the car on the drive with the bonnet facing downhill, if parked on the level no leak ?? I am starting to think a £75 excess replacement windscreen might be worth trying it is currently the original screen fitted with only one repaired chip in it ! Will make sure replacement screen is genuine glass.
thanks for your input.

You might find the windshield insurance will not pay out unless the screen is actually broken, and would only pay for a screen not any potential 'rust under the seal' work,. Read the small print before you make any enquiries to you insurer.

Some people might buy a new seal , hit the screen with a hammer and call autoglass and claim on their insurance. But not me.

You might find the windshield insurance will not pay out unless the screen is actually broken, and would only pay for a screen not any potential 'rust under the seal' work,. Read the small print before you make any enquiries to you insurer.

Some people might buy a new seal , hit the screen with a hammer and call autoglass and claim on their insurance. But not me.
Hi Pete
If the problem persists I will ask my local Mercedes dealer for a diagram of parts around screen and then check the small,print.
as my screen has a repair that has to be honest clouded a little around it there should be no issues getting it replaced as the windscreen company has said it only repairs chips one time after that it need replacement:)

I have used a sealer on a few of my cars . Its called-- now this is not a joke CAPTAIN JACKS CREEPING CRACK ...
Yes i know it funny but it works wonders . This stuf creaps in like water to fill in all the cracks,you can help it get to the places its leaking inside the seal just push in the rubber seal an old credit card to open it up ,for instance ,, dont leave the card in after you have put the sealer in there ,but remove it right after, it it will then dry out, It is easy to remove the accesses after .
Purchase this product from a good caravan accessories shop .. I have used one other very good item called Seek " N" Seal by Comma but hard to find now . If you can find Coma SNS get one for me .

I have used a sealer on a few of my cars . Its called-- now this is not a joke CAPTAIN JACKS CREEPING CRACK ...
Yes i know it funny but it works wonders . This stuf creaps in like water to fill in all the cracks,you can help it get to the places its leaking inside the seal just push in the rubber seal an old credit card to open it up ,for instance ,, dont leave the card in after you have put the sealer in there ,but remove it right after, it it will then dry out, It is easy to remove the accesses after .
Purchase this product from a good caravan accessories shop .. I have used one other very good item called Seek " N" Seal by Comma but hard to find now . If you can find Coma SNS get one for me .
Hello
Thats a very interesting product thanks for the info , for sure if I find any locally I will let you know.

Not a Coma product but they could have bought the rights to make it ... thinking about it, it looked like thin silicone .So it worth a try .But do not go out in the rain with this on the seal above the window it will soon get on the glass and then you will have a cleaning job on your hands .But try it fitst like on a glass jar and put it outside .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom