Water dropping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normanr

Hi Guys
I have a 2005 220CDI saloon with an annoying problem and it is when I pull away from the drive after being there overnight I am loosing a lot of water from underneath the car when I first pull away,the misses noticed it.

I am just curios as to where it might be collecting I was given a suggestion of me lying under the car while the wife drove away but I reckon that is going to hurt
icon_biggrin.gif
but the wife was all for it (CHARMIN).

It is clean water and all my levels are all ok so it is not being lost from the car I am just concerned that if I don't find out where it is collecting I could have a bad rust problem(sorry if it is a stupid question but can't see any evidence underneath where it is collecting)

Thanks
Norman

Coming from your heater, ie condensation being removed from inside car.

Could it just be water that has condensed from the air conditioning system? If it is clear, has no smell or taste and your fluid levels are all constant then it is probably this.

My C class 2005 leaves me little presents as well, it is from the air con system. much more noticeable on damp days.

Just another thought on my Jag the heater had a drain (for rain water) that collected in the air intake which let out either side of the engine bay. I have not checked on the C class but as it is always raining I would note notice.

Hope that this helps

My C55 collects rain water on the undertray from the windscreen scuttle drains. As I reverse out onto my drive I always (the car always) leaves a trail of water.

You sure you have no cats peeing under your car? Just in case you were planning a taste test.

Coming from your heater, ie condensation being removed from inside car.

Thanks fellas
Lots of useful replies from you all,very much appreciated.

Norman

Probably aircon, as others have suggested. Is the other half sure it isn't just coming out of the exhaust?

Hi Tony
No it is a lot of water goes all over the driveway, as suggested probably collecting on the under- tray I will lift bonnet and have a good look before I pull away next time.

Me being a bit think have not checked if it had been raining on the night time.

:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom