Water in doors E350 convertible.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fozi.g

Car
C63s Convertible/AMG GTS
I was driving the wife's car (E350 conv) the other day and I noticed on braking and accelerating a swishing liquid noise coming from the car around the door area. I assumed it was either a bottle of water laying around or possibly the fuel in the tank splashing about....well that's what it sounded like. Got the missus to take it to Mercedes and it turned out to be water in the doors. Apperentely its pretty common with these models. By the amount of other convertibles there for the same issue I suppose the techy wasn't making it up!

But how bizarre this happening in the first place. They managed to drain out the water by taking out some sort of plug from the door and lifting the rear of the car I think. The missus didn't hang around whilst they done the work so doesn't know exactly but the moral of the story is if your convertible sounds like you have a fish tank in the boot chances are you have water in your doors!!

Are there no small drain holes already built into the door at the bottom?

Are there no small drain holes already built into the door at the bottom?

Tbh I'm not sure. If there is it might of been a case of them being blocked hence the route they took to drain the water. It took them over 2 hours to do it :eek: and the techy did comment that there was a lot of water in there. After it was done my missus did say how light the car felt whilst driving. :D

Last edited:
I have rubber bungs with 1-way flaps in my drain holes. I can imagine that over time the flap sticks closed, so just needs flipping open to release it. Personally I'd just remove the rubber bung. The door flip seal should stop any road water being thrown up inside anyway.

Tbh I'm not sure. If there is it might of been a case of them being blocked hence the route they took to drain the water. It took them over 2 hours to do it :eek: and the techy did comment that there was a lot of water in there. After it was done my missus did say how light the car felt whilst driving. :D
They should of sucked it out with an aqua vac or the like,what's wrong with these guys......

No door is water tight they all get water inside the problem is it not running out so no need to use water vac ,there will be several drain holes on underside of the door that had probably become chocked up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom