Water injection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
It was perhaps inevitable with the increasing numbers of small forced induction petrol engines appearing that this old technology would re-surface. Water Injection
We have all experienced how engines run better in dense humid air conditions so this may be a good thing. Claims for performance improvement and better mpg's may of course depend on where the comparisons are made when ambient humidity and altitude may influence gains made. i.e owners normally driving at high altitude and dry conditions are likely to experience better gains than others. Some might argue its just another engine "subsystem" to go wrong- while inlet manifold injection may be OK I don't like the sound of their fuel water metered emulsion system!! :eek:
BMW 1 Series Direct Water Injection prototype review | Auto Express

Installing an Aquamist system on mine next week......mainly to keep intake temps down, but will be intresting to see if it improves efficiency.

There are some pretty sophisticated water/meth systems around these days so will be intresting to see if other manufacturers follow suit.

I have the Devil's Own water/meth system installed on mine

No idea what it does but the name sounds great :)

Presumably the water turns to steam as part of the combustion process, so basically you are running a steam engine. George Stephenson would be so proud :D

Spam above reported

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom