Water leak caused damage to leather seats.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weybridge

Car
SL55 AMG
Dear Forum,

I wonder if anyone has had a similar disaster?

I have had a recent leak through one of the roof seals on my SL55 AMG which has lead to rain water dripping onto the passenger seat....and making it very wet. (These are the perforated leather seats). The seat has got wet and mold had formed on the surface but also through the perforations. It doesn't appear to have damaged the surface leather as I've cleaned it with disinfectant wipes simply to take off the visible bacteria.

Can anyone suggest how best to treat this and whether or not there is a company who can give the seat/s a deep clean treatment to make sure all is well for the future. I've alos ordered a cover from Car craft in the US who make bespoke car covers as unfortunately my garage to too small to take the car. I also need to naturally dehumidify the car but tricky in our UK winter.

In the meantime I've got the car booked into Mercedes to have all the roof seals checked...not cheap I imagine??

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best
Pete

Hi, You could get a new seat pad/base, That should sort it, although it involves taking the seat out and stripping it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom