Water leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JD amg

Car
A Class A200 CDI AMG SPORT
Hi guys,

Im pretty sure i will have to take my A class to a garage at some point but i will leave this here just in case anyone else has experienced this.

Recently my car has developed a leak. The main area for the water to collect is the rear driver side foot well then the passenger side and also slight where the spare tyre would sit. Initially i thought the seal on the sunroof may have gone but its bone dry. In fact there is no dampness anywhere apart from the 3 places i have mentioned which is making it incredibly hard to trace where the water is getting in from.

it can be quite a lot if we have a downpour of rain with the foot wells taking days to dry out.

Any body had a similar problem??

Thanks guys

If you take it in to Mercedes they should do a full repair for free, it’s a well documented fault with these vents behind the bumper and yes the water does flow into the footwells.
If your car is out of warranty ring and ask them first, they may offer to do it.
If they say no, the parts are cheap but the bumper has to come off to change them.
It’s taking the interior out to dry the foam and carpets that takes all the time.

Vents can be fitted without taking off the bumper. This weekend I fixed the leak issue with my w211 by putting a clear sealant around the vent before fitting it.

Vents can be fitted without taking off the bumper. This weekend I fixed the leak issue with my w211 by putting a clear sealant around the vent before fitting it.

Maybe on a w211, however even with kids hands I don’t think it’d be the same with an a-class (I certainly can’t get my hands in there). Fortunately it takes 5 minutes to remove the bumper on these.
Then it is also much easier to clean the surfaces properly before fitting the new type vents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom