Water leaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prandall

Car
350 SL
After heavy rain water leaks on either side of the rear window into the boot and onto thepump in the boot blowing the fuse for the central locking

By the sounds of it this is a well discussed topic.................lets hope someone comes along soon to give you some positive information about solving this.
As I understand it the issue has been around for years .........hopefully there is some wisdom and a solution for you. As a new member myself I hope all further answers will shine some light on the solution.
Perhaps more established members will remember that we all have to start somewhere:)

What year is your SL?

It can be sorted but its quite pricy and takes a while to do.

Along with a search on Google which reveals many owners with similar problems,there is an old thread here at MBClub which may be of some useful reading. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/54218-water-leaks-r230-boot-solution.html...
Some leaks seem to never get cured. I gave up with an old Triumph 2.5 where the spare wheel well would fill up with water and drilled drain holes, problem solved !
When you need some help, help others to help you by giving full details of your car and a pic if you think necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom