Water/Methanol Injection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dom1988

Car
CLK270 CDI Auto
Hi All,

Who has it and what are your opinions?

It's a part of my long term plan for modding my 270CDI.

Cheers

A few of the 55 gang are using water methanol (Devils own) to reduce IAT's and raise the octane level slightly
From what they say it's quite a decent reduction in IAT's and worth the relative cheap cost

However not sure what benefit you would get on a diesel.... But that's more my lack of knowledge than anything else......however you would get good gains with a NOS system on a diesel (wizards of NOS have good diesel kits)

Last edited:
Love your car Lee, its like a Bear in Wolf's clothing

I have the Devil's Own meth kit and to be honest don't use it much as I've set it for high boost. This is mainly because I have Killer Chiller and Split cooling.
Good thing about the Meth kit is you can set it to whatever boost you want so a low setting for drag runs, off the line or higher setting for long hard runs on the Autobahn, all dependent on use.
Good luck with your mods ;)

On a diesel you use meth kits with great results.

Beauty of meth kits are being used they can prevent the need for larger intercoolers if you inject them in based on a MAP sensor type setup, or tapping into the 0.5v feed from an existing MAF/MAP sensor. They basically need a PWM signal to operate on a varied setup.

On the 270CDI if you install a meth kit first and all your other mods, when the time comes to map it, if you run the meth on a boost signal, more fuel can be added as required and more boost which enables some more power. Obviously within the tolerances of the turbo etc.

My old E270CDi smoked like a beauty if I wanted it too :)

Devils own kits are excellent. I personally run Aquamist on my SL due to the engine setup and variability is what I wanted. However Devils Own kits I have fitted to large V16 Twin Turbo 5000bhp diesels :D

...you can set it to whatever boost you want so a low setting for drag runs, off the line or higher setting for long hard runs on the Autobahn, all dependent on use.
Good luck with your mods ;)

Errrrrm......maybe the other way round :rolleyes:

The more I read the more it seems diesels like being sprayed with everything combustible that isn't diesel!!

BFT- Presumably the WMI kit will help as a safety net when the limits of the injectors/turbo are approaching by keeping the IAT and EGTs to reasonable levels? Any idea which will max out first? I'm keen to see what can be achieved on the standard set up, albeit with changes to sensors possibly.

You all completely standard at present? Meth and a strong map will be on the limit of injectors mainly. Though all depends on health of the turbo.

Well I've had it remapped with Quantum but it wasn't done on a rolling road, whats the best route to go with injectors, nozzles, AMG injectors or is it better to get a set upgraded

Cheers

LPG fitted to diesel is the equivelent of NOS on a petrol engine.
I have done this on 2 cars a L/rover for off roading & a 156 2.4JTD that could out drag 335d bmw, Supercharged R/Rovers & lots more!
Here is one of my threads if you are interested Dom.
lpg fumigation - Alfa Romeo Forum
A bit more info...
AutoSpeed - Diesel LPG - an Amazing Breakthrough

I loved it but it the wife managed to hit full boost coming off a roundabout & the power took over... Luckily she walked away shaken but not stirred.

I have done this on 2 cars a L/rover for off roading & a 156 2.4JTD that could out drag 335d bmw, Supercharged R/Rovers & lots more!
A bit more info...

I loved it but it the wife managed to hit full boost coming off a roundabout & the power took over... Luckily she walked away shaken but not stirred.

It would seem that your "mods" were somewhat ill-advised.

Well safe in the knowledge that wifey never reads this forumI beg to differ, just need to know how to apply instant power coming off bends etc :D

Although in another way you did have to have patience (i would call it enthusiasm) to find the level of tune you could live with, as it can affect the wallet quite badly...what fun though!

A bit more info...

I was racing a 156 2.4jtd with a similar set up.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom