Water on drivers side C200 CDi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrenboy

Car
Mercedez
Hello,

I notice that the foot ma on the drivers side of my W203 c200 cdi was soaked with water which seem to get through the bonnet lever handle under the dashboard. i have tried to clear the leaves but that has not solved the problem.

Please can anyone tell me how to solve this problem as i am afraid the water might get into the electrics under the carpet. Thanks

Water can migrate along surfaces through surface tension so it can appear from somewhere other than source. Common source is blocked drain tube/s from the tray under the aircon heat exchanger.

Please i still don't have a clue as to where the heat exchanger is or how to get access to the drain hole. Thanks

210571d1306335410-strange-sound-ac-heaterbox.jpg

Heater + a/c stuff is usually pretty inaccessible behind the dash/ central tunnel assembly.
Sometimes the drain pipes can become choked/ detached or perished and leak at the upper end. If you can find where they exit the car--- engine compartment or underneath beside the gearbox either side they can be unblocked by inserting a suitable bit of wire up them but care has to be taken not to damage the pipework while doing this. Sorry I don't know exactly where those exits are in a w203. Otherwise its pretty much a removal of interior cladding to get access- Not a job to be undertaken lightly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom