Water pouring out of door vents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a 2012 ML - I have poked around under the doors and the tailgate but can't find any drain holes - I just wanted to clean them out and spray some waxoyl in there to keep rust at bay - If I can't find any drain holes would it hurt to drill a couple of small holes - Someone mentioned that there may be polystyrene or something in the bottom of the doors

I would not recommend drilling holes in the bottom of the door , you will never be able to rust proof them properly. If you suspect your door or tailgate holes are blocked by all means have a poke around to clear them but that usually just pushed the muck back into the door.

Removing the door cards is the best bet if you are really concerned and it has the added bonus of you having better control over where your Waxoil ends up within the door.

thanks for your response - Not sure it's easy to remove the door cards but I'll try with one of them. Thanks again

Taking door cards off can be a pain as pop fixing often break but its no big deal with the right tools and a bit of patience. Buy some of this for sticking the inner weather seal (poly liner) back on

Something like this is worth it's weight in gold on car trim . I also discovered they had many other uses the designers never thought of too.

Thanks Pete - I'll have a go fairly soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom