Water pouring through dashboard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SSBB

Car
E320cdi Avantgard Estate
I've had my W202 estate for about six months and driven through heavy rain etc without problem. I used a carwash yesterday (it was an emergency!) As i drove out water gushed in on the passenger side through the dashboard. It poured into the footwell, I got home and removed the panneling, when I removed the blower motor cover it poured out of there as well, the pollen filter is soaking wet. Any ideas where its coming in? The windscreen is fine, definitley not leaking.

The drainage channels in the scuttle are blocked. Open the bonnet and have a look and poke something down/up the tubes to unblock them.

PS. Pls avoid using a car wash in the future as very bad for the paint and ruins the finish with swrils/scratches etc...:crazy:

I was late for a funeral and the car was filthy...I promise not to do it again:)

SSBB said:
I've had my W202 estate for about six months and driven through heavy rain etc without problem. I used a carwash yesterday (it was an emergency!) As i drove out water gushed in on the passenger side through the dashboard. It poured into the footwell, I got home and removed the panneling, when I removed the blower motor cover it poured out of there as well, the pollen filter is soaking wet. Any ideas where its coming in? The windscreen is fine, definitley not leaking.

On the left hand side of the plastic scuttle below the windscreen there is a drainage hole, this has a rubber flap covering it and the flap tends to seal itself to the tube, you can just reach it (down by the bonet hinge) and unseal the hole. this prevents any water draining off and it enters through the heater ducts often causing failure of the resistors in the heater blower.
Also worth checking are the drainage channels below the screen, mine had been blocked by an over enthusiastic RAC windscreen fitter, allowing more water to enter the heater scuttle/plenum chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom