water pump outlet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gt-83

Car
1992 300ce
could somebody please advise me on the bottom outlet of this water pump.
picture is from an another post, my reason for asking is i have a new pump ready to fit to my coupe with this outlet, however my existing pump does not have an outlet i.e i have nothing to put in the hole!!,,,,,,pump was bought by chassis number so im not sure what has happened

Attachments

• 2h6rq8j.jpg
    2h6rq8j.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
No idea at all but I’ll give you a bump.

Dec

no.....the pump was bought via this forum, but i am guessing the member is on holiday.....so i was hoping to get around it, cant seem to find anything to "blank off" the spare hole!

Mercedes now does one replacement pump with three threaded holes for sensors. As some cars have two or even one sensor the correct technique is to fit a blanking plugs which are available from the dealer.

The trouble is that the dealers tend to forget this and send you away with a pump that appears to be useless. The plug should be fitted with a washer which is I believe is included with the pump. Also don't forget to take the old pump back as main dealers refund about £50 if its in rebuildable condition.

Yes - there are various generations of water pump depending on your car VIN.

Do ask mercedes dealer for their actual part number recommendation as the parts are constantly evolving even for out of production models.

The parts offer 2 years guarantee and there may be a reconditioned model on offer and also comes with same 2 year guarantee.

The price difference on many aftermarket copy parts are simply not worth the hassle of not knowing if the fit is going to be Ok and if the materials are going to last.

In my many years experience with something as important as a water pump it is simply not worth the risk, for the "bit" of saving which when looked at 5 years down the line, is insignificant.

If selling the car, to show invoices for genuine parts, is a very good selling point and will get you the extra outlay back again.

You were warned, were you not ?

What was the problem with your pump in the end ??

Did it need to be swapped before you could fit it ??

:devil: :devil: its still not fitted yet.........i had to order the blanking screw because of no stock, i should recieve it tommorrow though all being well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom