water softners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

I am looking at installing a water softener at home, can anyone recommend a company or brand and what to look out for.

We have 3 adults and 2 children at home.

Regards

Tan

Hi,

I would recommend Tapworks AD11. I have installed many of these and they work and keep on working. Never had an issue. Google and you will find a lot of deals on line. Make sure it's fitted properly.

Mark

We have a Nuwave MD260 which we are happy with. Recently I've been told that Kinetico softeners are good

I have a kinetico system fitted 16 years ago. Still going strong.

I have a kinetico system fitted 16 years ago. Still going strong.

We have one of these. No power needed, small, solid salt blocks, water supply rate not affected, can't complain!

Thanks Chaps,

I have gone for a Kinetico and its being installed in a couple of weeks.

Regards

Tan

one more question, do you have a separate Hard water tap?

Thanks

Tan

yes, water by-laws state you must have one hard water tap for drinking water.
Kinetico is a good choice, non-electric, works off existing water pressure :)

one more question, do you have a separate Hard water tap?

Thanks

Tan
Yep - you need hard water at the kitchen sink for drinking water & filling the kettle. Also at the outside tap for garden watering/car washing.

We have been recommended a Harvey!

I thought no scale around the sink & taps and in the kettle were the main advantages of a water softener!

Why can't you drink softened water??

ALSO I was hoping to wash the car with soft water = no spots when it dries

We have been recommended a Harvey!

I thought no scale around the sink & taps and in the kettle were the main advantages of a water softener!

Why can't you drink softened water??

ALSO I was hoping to wash the car with soft water = no spots when it dries

Sodium content - claimed not to be good for you - but I've heard that it contains less sodium then milk.
As for washing the car - don't know. Would the sodium content possibly cause rust?

Apparently modern softness only leave a trace of sodium that is safe, water bylaws still require separate tap however for hard water to drink. I have been washing cars with softened water 20 years or more no problems seen with rust. Just the shampoo lasts for ever and snow foaming entertains the neighbours kids no end.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom