Waterless Car Valeting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gorgie Geordie

Car
CLS 320
Years ago, a young lad used to come round the office and valet our cars at a very reasonable price, however, he suddenly vanished and we never saw him again. Today, a company who doesn't wash cars the old fashioned way with a bucket and sponge turned up and left a few flyers/price lists etc. I've never heard of this type of valeting before and wondered if any members had any experience of waterless car valeting. He assured us that the product doesn't scratch the paint, but I'm not so sure. Anyone?

You see them in supermarket carparks here -- can't see how its possible if the car is very dirty without scratching the paint....IMHO

I wouldn't, no way.

Waterless valeting is fine if the car is clean..... but I'm not sure if there's any point washing a clean car.

It uses some kind of space age polymer that is supposed to lift the dirt away onto towels. I tried it once... result a not very clean car and very dirty towels.

I don't see the point... it was advertised as beating the hose pipe ban... but you can achieve that with a bucket!

There is a company that does this in the entrance to the multi-storey next to where I work. I was in a hurry to get my car done so had a quick chat with them. The "dry" cleaning fluid is a creamy green/blue mixture and they demo'd some of it on my car's wheels and bodywork. I asked for a mini-valet, which takes an hour or so.

It came out amazing-looking. In fact it was two months ago and the water still beads off my car beautifully. I have no idea what's in that stuff but they do sell it separately and the whole valet was only £15 as I work next-door (now £10 for myself and colleagues as one of the girls in sales fluttered her eyelashes at them!).

I don't know if the swirl-marks are any worse etc but let's face it, my car's paintwork is a state atm anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom