Waterless Wash and Wax question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Business partner bought a load of that and he loves it , but tbh his really not one for cleaning cars properly.

My Business partner bought a load of that and he loves it , but tbh his really not one for cleaning cars properly.

You have just described my dad! lol. He bought some and loves it but then again he does seem to miss bits when he's washing the car :D

It's on offer on one of those shopping channels from time to time at £20 for 5l plus the trigger bottle. Been tempted myself at that price. Can't see it being a problem on glass apart possibly from front screen where wipers might struggle to clear on a waxy surface and might cause glare.

They also do a thicker white one that contains carnuba wax which is the one i use.
I also use a thinner one for when the car is a little dirtier.
Plus I use a sealer on the alloys that helps stop the brake dust sticking.

It's good stuff, just don't use it on a minging car, slightly dirty
then yep it's great or as a polish on a clean car,
Pan roof and windows no problems at all, I've also use it on my windscreen again no problems at all, also the alloys, in other words you can do the whole car with just the one product. :)

Personally I'm not a fan of waterless car wash products. I just doesn't sit well with me to not pre-wash the paint work before wiping dirt off it. That said, Optimum No Rinse is a product that many on Detailing World rate which has been proved to be safe on the pain.

On glass it's a bit of a different story. I would use glass cleaner quite readily on a dirty windscreen so I'm sure thiso or a quick detailer would work.

Personally I'm not a fan of waterless car wash products. I just doesn't sit well with me to not pre-wash the paint work before wiping dirt off it. That said, Optimum No Rinse is a product that many on Detailing World rate which has been proved to be safe on the pain.

On glass it's a bit of a different story. I would use glass cleaner quite readily on a dirty windscreen so I'm sure thiso or a quick detailer would work.
Yes I agree. I wouldn't use on a dirty car, despite the advertising blurb. it's good though for a quick polish of your pride and joy, and good for lifting off bird carp and squashed wildlife on the front end.

Yes I agree. I wouldn't use on a dirty car, despite the advertising blurb. it's good though for a quick polish of your pride and joy, and good for lifting off bird carp and squashed wildlife on the front end.

Pretty much my view as well, maybe give the car a quick once over after a wash and dry. Definitely good for lifting off a bird bomb as well.

I've heard of people prepping a car on one day, then using quick detailer prior to the next days work. I'm not sure I'd even feel comfortable with doing that either.

Isn’t that what stuff like quick detailers are for though? :)

I’ve got a lot of products to work through still but I think the way to go nowadays is some of these ceramic coat sprays. Wash car, spray on and rinse off :thumb:

If the car isn’t that dirty I can’t see the point in a waterless wash product. Water and shampoo is a fantastic solvent for safely removing loose dirt from paint work. A small bottle of magic cleaning stuff isn’t - it’s likely to damage the surface of the paintwork. I’d rather wait until I had time to clean it properly?

I would rather chance a £5 local car wash (or use the jet wash at a filling station?) over a waterless wash if access to a hose was difficult? :cool:

I've used a bottle of Sonax spray and rinse stuff on both (black) cars recently and it works OK.

Dead easy to apply and rinses off well, leaves a coat and paint beads well, smells good too.

Being an idle bastard I don't towel the car every time it rains so those nice beads turn to water marks when dry.

I have used a variety of waterless offerings over the years, some leave a white powdery residue which I hate, some are ok and make it impossible to scratch the paintwork, but I have found none of them to do a good enough job as a finish.
The one I have now only gets used on bird droppings, tree sap etc which it is excellent at removing, then I wash and polish as normal.
I must admit I am a bit obsessed with cleaning cars and have cleaned MrsJocks friends cars while they visit, and that I spend more time cleaning the car than driving it, so rarely does it get very dirty.

Have any of you guys used Greased lightning??
I wash my car properly every week after driving it, then it sits on the drive till the following weekend and gets dust and water sitting on it,
My dad gave me some of this stuff, so I gave it a go just like a detailer spray, and have to say I'm really impressed with it.
It removes all the dried dust and some water spotting with ease, its very thick carnauba based but still hazes really fast, and buffs up easy leaving a really slick finish.

Have any of you guys used Greased lightning??
I wash my car properly every week after driving it, then it sits on the drive till the following weekend and gets dust and water sitting on it,
My dad gave me some of this stuff, so I gave it a go just like a detailer spray, and have to say I'm really impressed with it.
It removes all the dried dust and some water spotting with ease, its very thick carnauba based but still hazes really fast, and buffs up easy leaving a really slick finish.
That was the first one I used and it works well, only downside is expensive compared to some others, and I found that if you get it in the edges of lights etc goes a bit white crusty and is a pain to get off.
I started using a different brand that is easier to get off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom