Wavetrac LSD & Exhaust Mods @ MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MoS55

Car
CLS 55 AMG
I've been a member on here for a while, but haven't got round to posting yet!

So last week, I had the Wavetrac LSD fitted to my CLS55 at MSL. I was thinking about the Quaife, but decided to go with the Wavetrac in the end. It has transformed the car, I can now make better use of the 77mm pulley and tune I had done last year. My only regret is not to have gone for it sooner. The car feels so much better coming out of bends and I can push it that much more without worrying about spinning the wheels constantly. As usual the guys at MSL did a fantastic job, if anyone is thinking about having one fitted, I can highly recommend it, you won't regret it!

Whilst I was there, I had the secondary cat delete and X-pipe install done by Imran @ Torqueflow. The resonator was already removed by the previous owner, and now it sounds just right, no drone on the motorway but a nice deep growl on throttle. Definitely a worthwhile mod!

I'm thinking cooling next? I've seen the PLM heat exchangers online, but has anyone managed to source a heat exchanger in the UK for the M113k? I think MSL can get them shipped over from the US, but was hoping to find something in the UK to avoid shipping/import costs?

Thanks.

Glad it all went well and good to meet you there last week.

Cooling wise then split cooling via the BMW reservoir method works well, Likewise the PCS under bonnet cooling tank works very well, then you also have the Killer Chiller and larger heat exchanger options.

Number 1 for me would be the under bonnet tank.

Thanks Jules, I think I'll try the BMW reservoir first and see what that does to the IATs before exploring the under bonnet tank. Looks like an easy DIY job.

@Pete - I'll try not to!

MoS55, I too have a CLS55. So what was your state of tune before the LSD and exhaust mods?

I had the 77mm pulley and tune at MSL, and the previous owner had already removed the resonator.

Nice one mate ....one on tbe bucket list !!

Likewise, PM me the price please. What made you go for the wavetrac over quaife?

Guys, just phone Acid at MSL for the price. That's his job.

Yep, give Acid a call, he'll give you a good deal! I don't think there is a huge difference between the Quaife & Wavetrac. From my research online, the Wavetrac can provide better traction in certain circumstances. Both are proven LSDs and are covered by lifetime warranty.

In actual fact neither are Limited Slip Differentials... They are both Automatic Torque Biasing (ATB) differentials.

The Wavetrac is the same as the Quaife in principle but has a couple of extra features. The main one is the wavy metal part in the middle that sort of locks up when one wheel spins a lot faster than the other. This allows it to transfer some power across the axle even when a wheel is unloaded.

Did all the bearings in the diff case get replaced as part of the fitting? Including the proper shaft bearings etc @MoS55

I think MSL have a deal running right now with Quaife costing £1300 fitted and Wavetrac £1400.
Give Acid a call.
I need one myself, but have other priorities right now:(

@MoS55 can you PM a price on the diff ?

With the offer we are doing the quaife supply and fit for £1300 and the wavetrac for £1400 fitted.
These are for the C63 W204 models, and the M113 5.5 Kompressor models.
We can offer a same day turn around on both of these vehicles.

We are also offering £100 off to anyone having a remap & dyno package alonside their diff - Reduced to just £499.

Any further questions, Drop us a message or give us a call on 0121 772 5572 :)

Likewise, PM me the price please. What made you go for the wavetrac over quaife?

With the offer we are doing the quaife supply and fit for £1300 and the wavetrac for £1400 fitted.
These are for the C63 W204 models, and the M113 5.5 Kompressor models.
We can offer a same day turn around on both of these vehicles.

We are also offering £100 off to anyone having a remap & dyno package alonside their diff - Reduced to just £499.

Any further questions, Drop us a message or give us a call on 0121 772 5572 :)

I've been a member on here for a while, but haven't got round to posting yet!

So last week, I had the Wavetrac LSD fitted to my CLS55 at MSL. I was thinking about the Quaife, but decided to go with the Wavetrac in the end. It has transformed the car, I can now make better use of the 77mm pulley and tune I had done last year. My only regret is not to have gone for it sooner. The car feels so much better coming out of bends and I can push it that much more without worrying about spinning the wheels constantly. As usual the guys at MSL did a fantastic job, if anyone is thinking about having one fitted, I can highly recommend it, you won't regret it!

Whilst I was there, I had the secondary cat delete and X-pipe install done by Imran @ Torqueflow. The resonator was already removed by the previous owner, and now it sounds just right, no drone on the motorway but a nice deep growl on throttle. Definitely a worthwhile mod!

I'm thinking cooling next? I've seen the PLM heat exchangers online, but has anyone managed to source a heat exchanger in the UK for the M113k? I think MSL can get them shipped over from the US, but was hoping to find something in the UK to avoid shipping/import costs?

Thanks.

Where about in Bedfordshire are you? We have 3 CLS55's around here and are going to do a mini photo shoot soon

That makes 5 in total!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom