Wavetrac LSD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Theador

Car
C63 BiTurbo Estate W205
Who’s supplying and fitting Wavetrac in the South East at the mo? I’m only 30 mins down the road from Birds but I quite like the idea of the Wavetrac over the Quaife. Online, the parts cost is about the same at the mo for Wavetrac and Quaife. No idea what’s involved in fitting one though.

It’s to go on a 2010 w204 C63 pre facelift with PP.

Not the South East, but I'm sure Acid at MSL Performance fits Wavetrac LSD's as well as Quaife.
Might be worth a call if you have no joy closer to home.

If its a pre facelift pp it should have a standard AMG DIFFERENTIAL LOCK (LSD)

looks like Regal Auto
If its a pre facelift pp it should have a standard AMG DIFFERENTIAL LOCK (LSD)
No they don't all have it; it's a bit of a grey area. It's an early 2010 registered, built late 2009. Tried the burn out test, was sometimes giving two stripes so jacked it up and checked; it's definitely an open diff.

Not the South East, but I'm sure Acid at MSL Performance fits Wavetrac LSD's as well as Quaife.
Might be worth a call if you have no joy closer to home.
I'll def be heading up that way at some point for a tune and possible exhaust work. Might spread the costs though and get the diff sorted first.

IIRC the UK distributor for Wavetrac is Regal Autosport, down in Southampton.
Thanks, I've got family not far from there so that gives me a good excuse to go and visit :-D

looks like Regal Auto

No they don't all have it; it's a bit of a grey area. It's an early 2010 registered, built late 2009. Tried the burn out test, was sometimes giving two stripes so jacked it up and checked; it's definitely an open diff.
From that then you also don't have the stiffer suspension but may have the engine upgrade?

Have you checked the biuld sheet available on MB vin coder

👍I had MSL fit my quafe lsd £1550 all in
August last year

👍I had MSL fit my quafe lsd £1550 all in
August last year
Cool. I quite like the idea of the Wavetrac. I had a Quaife on a BMW 335i and couldn’t fault it, just maybe fancy something different this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom