Wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johns E350

Car
E class 350 coupe
Ideation is I use auto Glym super resin polish on a sort of monthly basis would it still be best to also apply a Wax as I have been informed the polish only lasts for about a month and wax will seal for May be 6 months is this correct ???

Yes, apply a wax coat to enhance and preserve the finish

Polish corrects, wax protects, is the general adage. As above, wax needed to enhance and preserve.

I used a clay bar on my 124 a week ago. Bought a kit and got a clay bar, clay bar liquid and the clay wax. I had the same idea of wanting it to be protected for a few months too. Came out better than any finish I've ever seen/felt.
Cannot recommend using clay bar enough.

Couldn't agree more on clawing. Did it to the other half's Porsche after she'd had it for six years, very worrying when you feel all the lumps and bumps on the paintwork, but found that showroom shine underneath.

Just never drop the clay and use plenty of lubricant... I know, I know!

johns E350 said:
I do that don't read it until I have posted then it is to late bloody spell checker

Isn't there an edit function?

Not on my iPad, think there is when you use a proper computer

I lie, I just found it - hind sight, just what you need as a deer

I'm thinking of trying Asda Hair Wax matt effect. It works wonders on my head, water just beads off my hair, I can only imagine what it would do for the Benz.

Normal car polish is slightly abrasive and cuts the paint (think ridiculously low abrasiveness wet and dry or T Cut) and might contain a wax sealant and scratch fillers (ie AG SRP) but always use a true wax afterwards. Car wax is not car polish...but... car polish can also be a wax but not as good as a true wax (the stuff that makes it shine and adds depth to the paintwork, protects from the elements etc). Yes its confusing! Basically polish then wax or sealant (or all three).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom