Wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Auto Finesse Illusion, and Colinite.....

35k4djl.jpg

Ok I will open a photo bucket account thanks for the info

thanks very much. Making good progress with it actually. Just had Brabus D6 upgrade fitted, but plenty more on my list of things to do :)

How is that Brabus chip performing? was it a worthwhile upgrade?

How is that Brabus chip performing? was it a worthwhile upgrade?

immediately noticeable was how much more of a sense of urgency the car has when pulling away. throttle feels very much more responsive. I haven't tried out any mid range pull type exercises as yet, although I did have some fun at traffic lights on my commute home last...an Audi convertible decided to rather arrogantly pull up alongside me, one of those filter things where 2 lanes almost immediately reduce to one.......he tried, and lost, result big smile on my face :) in truth its not something I intend to quantify by testing on a rolling road, but I am told that my car should now be equivalent to a 350CDI....

still mulling over K & N air filters mind you....

Collinite 845 is one I always recommend. It's easy to apply/buff, lasts for months and at £20 is a complete bargain.

I do have a fair few waxes from Dodo Juice, Collinite, Chemical Guys etc but find myself recommending 845 as it offers good value and performance.

I have shown more interest in sealants of late, off the back of a friend (and pro-detailer) giving my old Megane 225 a going over with Britemax products, I like the idea of something that's applied lasting for months into years. That was coated in Britemax Extreme Elements after being decontaminated, clayed and polished. Lasts really well.

Gyeon Wetcoat is another winner when it comes to adding protection. Wash as normal, rinse, spray on Wetcoat and pressure wash to activate. Beads up like crazy!!

i also like Megs wax and detail sprays

best shine ever how old is the car tho

Development wax that is now I believe on general sale.

Attachments

• image-3988436171.jpg
    image-3988436171.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 47
My family used toown a new and used car dealership is South Wales and we would only ever use Autoglym product to prepare vehicles, personally i can recommend the AUTOGLYM CLAY BAR DETAILING KIT to prepare the vehicle for polishing with the AUTOGLYM HIGH DFINITION WAX the finish is superb and even better it lasts for a very long time after
p.s im not affiliated with Autoglym in any way lol

Autoglym stuff is generally very good. Their Super Resin Polish is great to use by hand, doesn't correct as such as the cut is minimal but it has fillers and leaves a lovely finish.

The finish left by detailing comes more down to the prep work (clay, decontaminate, polish etc) than it will the wax itself. They add a little something, sealants seem to add a bit more slickness (in my opinion) but the wax/sealant is mainly there to protect the finish you've created.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom