Wax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TwoDogs80

Car
E350 CDI W212
A good coat of decent wax (polished it before I waxed it) goes a long way! I waxed my car about 3 months ago and yesterday I gave her a quick clean and finished with some quick detailer spray.
With wax, Cleaning is made easier and the car always looks new when its been washed. Weekly maintained for me. My OCD won't let it get too dirty!

20190305_113238
20190305_113137
20190305_113120

Good as new! For now..... I have noticed the wax wearing off these days, which is about right for a 3 month period. Next up is Ceramic Wax, just this week I have bought this new stuff from EZ Car care. Really looking forward to the results of that stuff! Plus they have said it lasts up to 8 months with a well maintained car. We'll see.....

'Ceramic wax' - sounds like an oxymoron and too good to be true.

However now that the "ceramic" furore and stream of BS about it's features seems to have calmed and ...prices are getting realistic, I'm seriously thinking of getting a 'ceramic product' applied to my car (not sure if I will DIY or pay to have it done).

I too am sceptic about this new "cross breed" stuff. At £70 per 200ml tub, better be half decent. But then again the whole of the EZ product range is some of the best I've used. And I've tried a lot of different products over the years!!

From their website...

Introducing the EZ Car Care SI02 Ceramic Wax. A high T1 carnauba & microcrystalline base packed with SI02 & polymers. This special blend offers unbelievable gloss levels whilst leaving the surface so slick, water sheets and beads superbly. Presented in a beautiful 200ml glass jar with grey lid. This is one of the most hydrophobic waxes we have ever witnessed. Durability will be at least 6 - 8 months on a well maintained vehicle Limited availability 200ml pot

Car looks great OP!

I've not used a Ceramic waxes as of yet, I was reading a bit about them but they seem quite particular in their application.

To be fair I've stuck with old school but good carnauba waxes recently. The Mrs CLS has a sealant applied but my E Class has two coats of Dodo Juice Hard Candy and then been topped up twice with Red Mist. Should see me into the spring. Then I'll try Supernatural Hybrid which is part wax, part sealant.

ah i remember the days when I used to spend hours every weekend cleaning my black e-class, then sit back and admire my work on the drive whilst it last before it gets all filthy again within a few hours:wallbash:

nice work OP, keep it up, it's a never ending job with black cars

Yeah i know the feeling very well, I've had a few black/dark cars in the past. Plus used to detail a few friends & family cars all black!
Best results, but high maintenance!!

I too am sceptic about this new "cross breed" stuff. At £70 per 200ml tub, better be half decent. But then again the whole of the EZ product range is some of the best I've used. And I've tried a lot of different products over the years!!

Is it not better to use something less expensive and use more often? I'm quite happy with BH double speed TBH at £16 and Sonax BSD between waxes but I don't have a black car :D

This pot should get me at least 6 or 7 coatings, and if it goes last as long as they say it does.....around 8 months?! That's good innings for me!

Once the car has been reset, decontamination, clay bar, deep cleaned, polished then I'm going to coat her in this stuff! Will post results for anyone that's interested lol
20190309_092436

Once the car has been reset, decontamination, clay bar, deep cleaned, polished then I'm going to coat her in this stuff! Will post results for anyone that's interested lol
20190309_092436

So when can I bring mine down ? :)

You'll have to join the long que! All my neighbours want me to to their cars too! :mad::wallbash::rolleyes:

Applied today.... not bad stuff! Easy to use and buff off. Now lets see how long it lasts!
Just as I had finished, a shower broke out. Typical!
20190318_122431
20190318_122445
Excuse the hose setting, looks like I'm taking a piss on the bonnet lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom