Waxoyl in doors ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmush

Car
w222 S500e PHEV 2014
Hello all, I'm in need of some advice. I have a w126 560SEL and I was wondering what the forum would advise with regards to squirting some Waxoyl in the drainage holes underneath each door.

Is this a good idea or daft ? Will it keep corrosion at bay or will it stop water flowing out thereby causing further problems ?

All sensible advice gratefully received, many thanks in advance.:confused:

Blocking the holes is a bad idea and you won't get anywhere near enough overall coverage by squirting in through the drainage holes.

Thanks for the speedy advice, what about squirting Waxoyl in the 4 jacking points behind the plastic covers ?

You will get a better result if you remove the door card and then use a brush or spray. That way you can ensure full coverage without covering any contacts etc.

I wouldnt do the inside of the doors... rusting here is rare and the stuff stinks... it takes weeks to go off and will really make you high! I speak from expreience!

The rusting normally occurs behind the door seal holders.... If you really want to do those then brush it on.

wouldnt waxoil the doors!

you should really be injecting cavity wax in there.

Jay is right the stuff stinks! I got the underside of mines sealed, and it i had a stink inside the cabin for a couple of weeks!

Thanks for the speedy advice, what about squirting Waxoyl in the 4 jacking points behind the plastic covers ?

I did this prior to the jacking point treatment. Stuck the gun in the points and around it.

Just bear in mind if you do carry out work in the future to them its going to be a PITA to get it off as poor Clive found out when he carried out the 'common' jacking point issues on the 124. :doh: I suspect the 126's share similar traits.

...Just have that in mind before you go trigger happy! Of course no harm going liberal.

Waxoyl is cavity wax.

Am i thinking on the same lines here?

waxoil is the black stuff, cavity wax is that white misty stuff??

Unless they are both termed the same thing?

You can get clear waxoyl... doesnt matter which you use... i wouldnt put either inside a door.

Get and aerosol of Bilt Hamber Dynax UB for the jacking points, it's easier to use and every review/test shows it's protects better as well. It comes with a lance thingy which is perfect for spraying in the jacking points.

I wouldnt do the inside of the doors... rusting here is rare and the stuff stinks... it takes weeks to go off and will really make you high! I speak from expreience!

Isn't that the reason to do it...;)

I've done all my doors and as well as the added protection it makes them quieter both when closing and driving along, likewise the boot lid.

waxoil is not a cure do it properly use Bilt Hamber cavity wax and do inside doors behind trim the smell will only last 2 or 3 days the most and will benefit folds trust me I know

Thanks to everyone for the advice, I think I might try this Bilt Hamber stuff.

I think Waxoyl is pretty good. It has chemicals which neutralise existing rust and it seeps well into seams etc, especially if you thin it down with white spirit.

It kept my 40 year old Triumph 2000 rust free for many years!

Compared to Triumphs, Mercedes cars DO NOT have rust issues but I've still done the jacking points and subframe mounts areas on my 300 with Waxoyl.

To properly protect the inside of the doors you really need to remove the door cards for access, coverage from spraying through the drain holes isn't too good, it's better if you can see where it's going.

I've heard good things about the Bilt Hamber stuff too.

Try to get hold of some genuine Mercedes cavity sealant wax (the dealer may have some). Comes in one litre bottles. It's what M-B use at the factory and your door inner (and many other box sections & cavities) will have been sprayed liberally with it when the car was new. It is yellow, doesn't smell, skins over but remains tacky underneath and is fantastic stuff. Can be sprayed or brushed on. I bought a load from my local dealership a couple of years ago and swear by (not at) it. As Jay suggests, peel back the door rubbers at the bottom and lash some in there as that's where they rot.

If you can't obtain any from the dealership, PM me and I may be able to spare a bottle or two.

Try to get hold of some genuine Mercedes cavity sealant wax (the dealer may have some). Comes in one litre bottles. It's what M-B use at the factory and your door inner (and many other box sections & cavities) will have been sprayed liberally with it when the car was new. It is yellow, doesn't smell, skins over but remains tacky underneath and is fantastic stuff. Can be sprayed or brushed on. I bought a load from my local dealership a couple of years ago and swear by (not at) it. As Jay suggests, peel back the door rubbers at the bottom and lash some in there as that's where they rot.

If you can't obtain any from the dealership, PM me and I may be able to spare a bottle or two.

What cavity wax from MB news to me ! they dont use it or havnt you noticed lol;)

Use the Bilt Hamber trust me and its passed every test hands down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom