Wayne Gates- Harrow (Wealdstone)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiritlingham

Car
Mercedes Benz C220
Last week whilst searching for a trustworthy mechanic I came across the many recommendations for Wayne Gates and as I live in South Harrow jumped on the 140 bus to see Terry. He booked the car in for today after I told him the windscreen wipers, indicators and radio no longer work.

I took the car to him this morning and was glad to see that all the reviews about him were accurate. His work is excellent. The windscreeen wiper, indicator lights and rear demister had stopped working. Whilst we were there, we noticed the rear brake light had stopped working too. He fixed the lot in under 30 mins flat, and charged me a very reasonable sum for a second hand part (a multi-function unit ?) and labour.

Needless to say I shall be happily returning to him for future MOT and servicing.

The car radio hasn't worked for years, so he suggested I head to Halfords in Harrow and purchase a replacement, preferably a unit with USB connection for smartphones, as CD multi-changer units are now outdated. He even suggested a reasonably priced unit, between £70-100.

I purchased a Pioneer within the price range in Halfords, They weren't able to fit it, as the wires have been cut, so it will require a hard-wire fit. I rang Terry again and booked the car in for next Saturday morning. He had told me earlier that the radio aerial cable was dead and I needed a new one, so he's kindly agreed to get one for me and fit the new radio.

So, yes, the rumours are all true. I usually never believe half the stuff I read online, but am a bit more sceptical when it comes to forums. This is one of the occasions when I assure you that what you read about Terry from Wayne Gates is true. He's an excellent mechanic, he's very knowledgeable and he's very friendly. What more can you ask for?

He even gave me the directions to a local car wash that he uses...which I promptly forgot :fail

Terry, if you're reading this, thanks once again !:thumb:

Last edited:
Last week whilst searching for a trustworthy mechanic I came across the many recommendations for Wayne Gates and as I live in South Harrow jumped on the 140 bus to see Terry. He booked the car in for today after I told him the windscreen wipers, indicators and radio no longer work.

I took the car to him this morning and was glad to see that all the reviews about him were accurate. His work is excellent. The windscreeen wiper, indicator lights and rear demister had stopped working. Whilst we were there, we noticed the rear brake light had stopped working too. He fixed the lot in under 30 mins flat, and charged me a very reasonable sum for a second hand part (a multi-function unit ?) and labour.

Needless to say I shall be happily returning to him for future MOT and servicing.

The car radio hasn't worked for years, so he suggested I head to Halfords in Harrow and purchase a replacement, preferably a unit with USB connection for smartphones, as CD multi-changer units are now outdated. He even suggested a reasonably priced unit, between £70-100.

I purchased a Pioneer within the price range in Halfords, They weren't able to fit it, as the wires have been cut, so it will require a hard-wire fit. I rang Terry again and booked the car in for next Saturday morning. He had told me earlier that the radio aerial cable was dead and I needed a new one, so he's kindly agreed to get one for me and fit the new radio.

So, yes, the rumours are all true. I usually never believe half the stuff I read online, but am a bit more sceptical when it comes to forums. This is one of the occasions when I assure you that what you read about Terry from Wayne Gates is true. He's an excellent mechanic, he's very knowledgeable and he's very friendly. What more can you ask for?

He even gave me the directions to a local car wash that he uses...which I promptly forgot :fail

Terry, if you're reading this, thanks once again !:thumb:

He is well thought of on the other Forum!

Regards

By way of update since my last post I can confirm that Terry remain as excellent as ever. The Pioneer stereo works perfectly, the multi function unit continues to function perfectly, as does the new aerial.

I returned for an MOT back in March and he kindly provided me with the following service:

B service
Mot
New front lower wishbones
New front lower ball joints
New front propshaft coupling.

He also noted the following areas of concern as well as the need for wheel alignment:

Diff seals leaking
Abs warning lamp intermittently on
Front shock absorber light misting of oil

As always, yet another excellent job by Terry at Wayne Gates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom