WBAC Is Back At The Dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benz17

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350d AMG Premium (W213)
Hi All,
My Father sold his BMW 330e (2017) recently to WBAC, I asked the salesman where would the car end up, he said as it’s in good condition and a 2017 plate, it would probably go to Cinch, as it’s apparently owned by them, it has now turned up at BMW Vines Group Redhill, and it’s showing as a 1 owner car, my father was the second owner, could this be a error, my father only owned it for 2 months, and the v5 was in his name, and would WBAC sell it onto a dealer.

Just to add, we bought it for 18k, sold it for 17k, and now the dealer sticker price is £20,561.

I wouldn’t be surprised, shortage of used stock etc. Not all WBAC stuff goes to Cinch, I thought they were owned by BCA - so BMW may have bought from Auction. Or has that changed now? :)

I wouldn’t be surprised, shortage of used stock etc. Not all WBAC stuff goes to Cinch, I thought they were owned by BCA - so BMW may have bought from Auction. Or has that changed now? :)
The car may have gone to a auction, but the salesman said it was more then likely it would go to cinch, so who knows.

I’ve just been told by a buyer that used prices are softening but still way stronger than last year.

It’s a great time to get out of a car if you can wait for the next buy or go new.

Hi All,
, it has now turned up at BMW Vines Group Redhill, and it’s showing as a 1 owner car, my father was the second owner, could this be a error, my father only owned it for 2 months, and the v5 was in his name, and would WBAC sell it onto a dealer.
When I rejected a car and the v5 arrived in my name, the dvla told me to write to them and they would remove me from the v5. Perhaps the dealer has done that with him owning it for a short time (as if it has been returned/refunded).

BCA own both Cinch and WBAC - although the group also seem to be known as Constellation now.

When I rejected a car and the v5 arrived in my name, the dvla told me to write to them and they would remove me from the v5. Perhaps the dealer has done that with him owning it for a short time (as if it has been returned/refunded).
I was wondering about this, what does happen when a car is rejected after a few months and dealer refunds money, but car has an added owner, what does the dealer do in this instance.

Sarah you may possibly be right about the dealer, IF they have done as you say, then surely that’s illegal, or it could be a typo error, or maybe on purpose, hoping the next prospective buyer doesn’t notice, but many would notice and do the checks.

It is an easy one to miss on the face of it. You go to look at a car, look at the v5 and it says 1 former keeper and you think great, I’m the second owner. That, however, does not take into account the current owner. So you sign up for the car, send off the v5 etc and the next one you get suddenly 2 former keepers and you’re left scratching your head. I’d say it depends on the dealer and how knowledgeable or honest they want to be. Would the extra owner be a deal breaker? If so, then you could argue your point.

It is an easy one to miss on the face of it. You go to look at a car, look at the v5 and it says 1 former keeper and you think great, I’m the second owner. That, however, does not take into account the current owner. So you sign up for the car, send off the v5 etc and the next one you get suddenly 2 former keepers and you’re left scratching your head. I’d say it depends on the dealer and how knowledgeable or honest they want to be. Would the extra owner be a deal breaker? If so, then you could argue your point.
You are probably right, for us forum members who are car enthusiasts we would know exactly how to understand the former keepers on the v5, but for non enthusiast or less knowledgeable they would read exactly how you have written in your post.

For me if was buying that car, and knowing what I know about it, then probably may not be a deal breaker, but would certainly try getting a significant reduction of the sticker price, IF they are trying to pull the wool over any buyers eyes.

I still cannot comprehend if a main dealer would try and pull this sort of trick, maybe I am being naive.

I rejected an audi s3 from Lookers Audi. I got in touch with them straight away when I got home but by the time they had tried to wriggle out of things and I'd involved Audi uk, it was probably on my drive for around a month by the time they sent someone to collect it. I didn't drive it but it was here.
I spoke to the dvla about it and they told me to write to them and tell them how long I owned the car for, when did I buy it, when did I return it, name and address of the dealer and my name and address etc. They said that they would add me onto the v5 and then remove me so they knew at their end but it didn't add to the number of owners. The general manager at Lookers told me not to! I haven't considered Lookers again after that experience.

The 2nd car I rejected was during lockdown. It was an Evans Halshaw audi a4 avant (I know they have a bad reputation but it only had about 6k miles on and was a few months old so I thought how bad could it be). When I got it home, I found lease company paperwork in the car and when I rang the lease company, they confirmed it had been a lease car. Evans Halshaw hadn't even bothered to tell me that or prepare it for sale in the pandemic. I found on the way home that the suspension was creaking and didn't sound good over speed bumps so I didn't want to keep it.
Again, the dvla told me to write to them with the same information as above when I received the v5 and they would add me and remove me without increasing the owners. The a4 was returned the day after I collected it and I brought my bmw home so I can see why they wouldn't put an owner on in that case when I returned it the next day.

I rejected an audi s3 from Lookers Audi. I got in touch with them straight away when I got home but by the time they had tried to wriggle out of things and I'd involved Audi uk, it was probably on my drive for around a month by the time they sent someone to collect it. I didn't drive it but it was here.
I spoke to the dvla about it and they told me to write to them and tell them how long I owned the car for, when did I buy it, when did I return it, name and address of the dealer and my name and address etc. They said that they would add me onto the v5 and then remove me so they knew at their end but it didn't add to the number of owners. The general manager at Lookers told me not to! I haven't considered Lookers again after that experience.

The 2nd car I rejected was during lockdown. It was an Evans Halshaw audi a4 avant (I know they have a bad reputation but it only had about 6k miles on and was a few months old so I thought how bad could it be). When I got it home, I found lease company paperwork in the car and when I rang the lease company, they confirmed it had been a lease car. Evans Halshaw hadn't even bothered to tell me that or prepare it for sale in the pandemic. I found on the way home that the suspension was creaking and didn't sound good over speed bumps so I didn't want to keep it.
Again, the dvla told me to write to them with the same information as above when I received the v5 and they would add me and remove me without increasing the owners. The a4 was returned the day after I collected it and I brought my bmw home so I can see why they wouldn't put an owner on in that case when I returned it

Again, the dvla told me to write to them with the same information as above when I received the v5 and they would add me and remove me without increasing the owners. The a4 was returned the day after I collected it and I brought my bmw home so I can see why they wouldn't put an owner on in that case when I returned it the next day.
Good for you taking on the dealers, hope they don't close their doors when they see you drive up into their carpark😀

Good for you taking on the dealers, hope they don't close their doors when they see you drive up into their carpark😀
Ha, it's ok, I wouldn't go to those two again anyway. I've thrown caution to the wind recently and bought privately 😁 The chap on this forum was looking to sell his cla45 and looking for another merc so it would have probably ended up at a merc dealer anyway so I went for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom